Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage (11x4) What do you think? Improvements?

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
As some of you may know my single male Hoover passed away the other week (RIP xxx) but I have spent all weekend making my girls cage bigger.

Its in my bedroom - my mum wanted me to have more bedroom to myself but never mind, I want them to have the best cage they could ever wish for.

Its basically a 11x4 (the top end is 2x3.5 though for hay)

Sorry the picture is so poor - its impossible to fit the whole cage in and get light but this is most of it...

https://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/Charly1991/Guinea%20Pigs/Image087.jpg

Wow... That's a HUGE cage.. How many girls do you have? I love your cage! It looks like a paridise for your piggies! Great Job!

Just the two girls. One girl is blinde so its taken her a few hours to get used to things but she thankfully loves it.

That looks AWESOME!

I love it! Have you considered adding to your herd or sticking to two?

I love it! Have you considered adding to your herd or sticking to two?

I have thought about getting another one, because of my blinde piggy Gypsey, if Tallulah ever got ill and had to leave us (heaven forbid) I would worry about her coping with bonding and even on her own for abit (she follows Tallulah if shes unsure about what shes doing).

But then I'm not sure if it would be fair since I dont want to upset the apple cart with them now, and also two is easier to muck out than say four - especially since I'm at college with alot of work and with uni in two years I will be here weekends only with my mum doing all the work (she doesnt mind).

But if a piggy falls into my life (like I had my hamster dumped on me at college :eye-poppi) then I would never turn them away.

There's a lot in there! Lots to do, but I bet they'd appreciate a "runway" or clearing to run off some steam. I think if you added to your herd, with that much room and that many hideys, socialization would be easy!

Wow!!! Your room must be huge!!! That's alotta cage I must say! Great job though, your piggies are very lucky!!

Wonderful cage! I agree that they might appreciate a cleared area for running around... or you could move the hideys more toward the center so they could run around the edges. You have very lucky pigs either way.

Love the cage. They must be very lucky to have you as a cavy slave.

Lucky, lucky girls!lol

I am totally jelous. I think before this I had almost the biggest cage. Mine is 2x12 with 6 male guinea pig paired into 3 groups.

Wow. I'm speechless. Where did you get that huge sheet of fleece?

Well I think you have some spoiled piggies who are absolutely lucky to have you as a mom. Great job on the cage, it is amazing.

Improvements???? WHOA Milly. Perfect as IS. Man you must LOVE your piggies SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. Not that we ALL don't just that we ALL can't have as HUGE a cage as YOU have. Congratulations on a wonderful cage and ANY improvements you could make pale in comparison to ALL THAT ROOM for just two pigs!!!! I envy you girl. Again, wonderful wonderful cage :)

Absolutely fantastic! lol

I wish I had that kind of space! It's amazing. Lucky, lucky piggies!

Wow. I'm speechless. Where did you get that huge sheet of fleece?

Its 3.5 sheets all together :)

Thanks everyone, I will see about getting that running room for them.

Your cage looks awesome. I just contacted someone to have a custom made shelving system made out of reclaimed lumber. Waiting to hear back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.