Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Finally doing the introduction

TerryLynn

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Terry and I have been visiting this site for a few months now but have not introduced myself or my piggies.

My son and I made the mistake of buying our first piggy from a pet store. His name is Toby and fortunately he has been very healthy and is doing great.

Once I found this site and learned so much, I contacted Lisa at Atlanta Metro Guinea Pig Rescue. It took a few months for her to have the right piggy for us, but we were able to adopt our newest family member this past weekend. We are still trying to agree on a name for him (the whole family has to agree!).

I enjoy this site so much and have learned so much. My husband and kids probably think I'm a little nutty for all that I do for our guinea pigs.

Thanks to all who participate on this forum.

Here is a picture of our two babies.

The tri-color piggy is Toby. The black and white one is our newest addition. I should also mention we have a dog, Marley, who is as spoiled as the guinea pigs. She actually has the same exact coloring as Toby. FYI - she is never ever alone with the guinea pigs and cannot get to their cage unless we are with her.

Welcome! Your pigs and dog are adorable, and it's great that you adopted the second pig! I hope they continue to get along well.

I would never let the dog and pigs interact. There is no way to guarantee that the dog won't hurt the pigs--even accidentally. And even if you could guarantee that, it is very stressful for the pigs.

Welcome to GPC! Cute piggies.

Welcome, cute pigs and dog!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.