Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing My Girls

Kynexy

Cavy Slave
Hi There Names aidan just saying high and introducing myself and me two girls Rogue And Jubilee Have only had them for 3 weeks now and just got them into there new home after a Temporary one i had built i found this nice dollhouse and have converted it to there new mansion.

Introducing My Girls

The Girls Mansion

Introducing My Girls

My Girl Rogue

Introducing My Girls

Jubliee Pigging her self

Introducing My Girls

Love My Girls

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hi and Welcome. Cute piggers there!

What are the inner dimensions of that dollhouse?

Kynexy

Cavy Slave
The Rooms are 50cm square

Rogue likes it shes been running around and jumping and wheeking shes sthe energetic one Jubilee is a little less excited but Rogue usually gives her a nudge and then she starts playing

They both start Wheeking when they hear me go to the fridge to get there breakfast and Dinner

Plus they like Lap Time when we watch House

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
The doll house is cute and everything but I'm not sure it's big enough for two pigs. You should seriously consider making them a larger cage.

Welcome to the forum!

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
The cage is adorable! We were originally planning to do the same thing because we were having a lot of trouble finding cheap coroplast, but we decided that it looked too small. I think your cage also looks a bit small... In my opinion, it would be best (and easier) if you just made a C&C cage. You can make it look adorable too. :) Also, if you felt super crafty you could make neat upper levels and what-not like this person did;

KDBcages - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I agree with the above--it's really cute but just not big enough. At the very least, is there a way to remove the dividers between the rooms so they have the entire space to run through and not just a small section?

Kynexy

Cavy Slave
Yeah i know its small for them atm but its only Temporary till i can find the C&C Cubes i live in Cairns which is in the northern tip of australia i have checked our local BigW,Km art,Targets and all our cheap $2Stores and am yet to find any of them stocking the cubes yet i have asked them to check other stores and am waiting for them to get back to me

NicholsS10

Cavy Slave
Have you checked out this part of the website? Where?

If you scroll down in locations, Australia is listed.

The website above lists many sources for cubes and coroplast.

chellelee8

Cavy Slave
I Love your pigs names, they are cute! My kids helped me name my pigs so we ended up with Merry, Daisy ans Latte but I do have a cat named Logan. :cheerful:

fieryone

Cavy Slave
Welcome. My son's name is Aidan, hence my username which is the meaning of Aidan :)

Your girls are very sweet and your cage looks adorable for the time being. It's much better than a pet store cage. Good luck finding the cubes to give your piggies a more open space to run laps

3piggymomma

Cavy Slave
Your pigs are adorable. The house is cute but like the others said, definitely too small, but better than a pet store cage for temporary use. I found the cubes at a housewares store.. Bed Bath and Beyond here, not sure what they have in AU.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are so cute. And I really like the look of the cage. It would be nice if you could make it bigger. If you can't find cubes, you can use closet shelving.

PipSqwheek

Cavy Slave
I would take out the room dividers(cut and sand the edges if necessary) and depending on the width of the house--extend the bottom with grids and coroplast. They even make pink grids so you can match the color scheme! If the size is'nt right to fit grids maybe you could use some kind of mesh--I have this vision in my head of a white coroplast bottom, pink grids on the outside and a pretty pink girly print fleece. It would be great if you could expand this adorable idea and continue to use the house. Good luck with it.

Kynexy

Cavy Slave
Am looking into making the bottom level twice the size into a Kind of Porch for them once i can work out the design that should give plenty of room

Was funny last night my partner had them lying on his chest while watching telly and they both peed at the same time almost all i could do was laugh

Smudge & Monkey

Cavy Slave
Yeah i know its small for them atm but its only Temporary till i can find the C&C Cubes i live in Cairns which is in the northern tip of australia i have checked our local BigW,Km art,Targets and all our cheap $2Stores and am yet to find any of them stocking the cubes yet i have asked them to check other stores and am waiting for them to get back to me

Your dollshouse cage is so cute! very creative lol I'm in Australia too, I found my cubes in Bunnings, in the home storage section ($11.50 for pkt of 5 grids) It was too hard to find choroplast (I think its called chorflute or chorflex in Oz) so I made a linoleum bottom ($10 from bunnings). when that gets worn out I will start ringing around the signage companies for a corflute bottom but its working out pretty well for now.

Kynexy

Cavy Slave
Am going to bunnings on Sat to check about the Cubes am hoping they do If not i have a Back up Plan of making my own out of wood and Chrome Mesh as for CorFlute have already got plenty of that got it for free from the local Channel 10 Studio they had tons of left over signs from a promo event

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.