Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage How to make this two story

ShaunaMuse

Cavy Slave
So I've been trying to figure out how to add on a second story to this pen that is safe and secure so my three boys can have a little more room. Any ideas on how to do this that won't end up looking like a train wreck? I was thinking of just screwing four legs to the pen, sitting another slab of wood on top of those legs and screwing them in so they are solid then start building the second level with fleece and puppy pads and then grids around the outside so they can't fall off. To make the ramp I was thinking of cutting PVC pipe in half, adding some fleece and attaching it all in a ramp.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
That sounds like a plan. Just be sure that the wood that the piggies can get to (the legs, if inside the cage) is safe for them to chew on. If you were planning on a smaller level than the main one and have access to grids, you could make the entire thing, supports, etc., out of grids. Or, your sides look high enough to just lay a slab of wood across the back for a mezzanine level. Whatever you decide, it will be fun.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.