Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thank You GPC...for the addiction

piggy&kisses

Cavy Slave
Well first I would like to start out thanking www.guineapigcages.com for everything. I am not going to lie, without this site I would be a bad guinea pig owner.

I am just an all-around animal lover and would turn no animal down. So when I saw an add in the paper for a free guinea pig with all accessories I was pumped. When i got her she was just in a small cage but i was hooked. I loved her so much and immediatly started looking at the local SPCA for Guinea pigs since i always knew they where comming and going. Plus i have always been pro-adopt.

I then got my second girl and was so excited. I then found this website and wow did i learn alot. I know have a 2x3 C&C cage with a hide extension and I am planning a loft and many additions.

My only problem with this site. Its ADDICTING! Seriously i have to check it everyday. And now i want to rescue every guinea pig in my area. The only problem is I am in University with limited room and do not have my own place. My fiancee said no more until next year when we get our condo. But she is in love with piggies now too :)

Anyways this site is amazing and i recomend it to many people. I have even got the look like I am just a crazy guy who loves animals, which I am.

But oh well i just needed to rant because I am in love with this site and my girls(fiancee included)

Thank you everyone:)

internetjunkey

Cavy Slave
yeah..i'm the same way. My Husband and I flipp through the pigtures and everything. I'm Building my first "real" C &C Cage, I've had others but I've always messed up the Correx :D but anyway, I was getting it all set and my Father has started feeding my addiction to my piggies. If it was up to me they would have my whole apartment..Which really they could however...I have a trouble maker and he finds everything, even when it's clean! but anyway I feel ya on the additction, next to my facebook i'm on here all of the time!!

piggy&kisses

Cavy Slave
I have had many plans in my future for a bird rescue. As birds are my first love, but now that guinea pigs have entered my life I am also planning on a guinea pig rescue. In Alberta Canada where I live we only have a few rescues(SPCA & Ferret Rescue) thats about it. So this is my plan one day, also reptiles. I would take any animal in a heart beat though, they truely do complete me.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I'm addicted to this site too. I'm on here all the time. I gotta find a way to focus more on my work. Haha I hope my boss won't see this! :shhh:

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I found this site in March of 2005. I needed info on GP's, well to make a long story short. I have never left! Nor have I lost my love for piggies or this site. Beware all you piggie lovers, this is a lifelong additicion.. :love:

Scout.Layne

Cavy Slave
I'm right there with you. I don't even have my piggies yet and I still check this site ALL THE TIME. I've learned so much from this site. Thank you people of GPC.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
The information on this site is awesome. The people on here and all the mods are great. When I ask a question I'm sure to get answers from the many cavy experienced people on this site. I go to this site everyday. It's really neat to give my guinea pigs awesome care and see the results of how happy and healthy they are. I too am addicted.

SheriMartini

Cavy Slave
First of all, Welcome!! (even if I am a bit late heh)

And, I can totally agree about being addicted!

That first night when I picked up my Fajita Baby, I seriously had NO idea what I was in for! I adopted him from a friend who had a few guinea pigs and ended up with a litter. My fiance and I had discussed taking one, but were kind of on the fence about it. He gave me the whole "if you promise to keep it's cage clean you can get it." Seesh, talk about making me feel like a child! ha! My friend ended up talking me into taking one. I figured that it would be kind of fun to have one, as we only had birds. I figured it would be nice to have something furry that would actually let me hold it!

That first night I decided to do some research, and came across this site. I immediately orded a c&c cage (even though my fiance thought I was crazy for wanting such a big cage!), and then the next day ordered my fleece from piggy bedspreads. Thank goodness I had just gotten my taxes back! :)

Next came our little guy Puppy! That same friend decided she didn't want the other one that was left from the litter Fajita came from. He was "too loud, and messy." Yes, he is more vocal than my Fajita, but I love it!

In fact, the other night Puppy finally let me pet him in the cage without running away. I was SO excited I almost ran on here to tell everyone! haha!

I had no idea what an addiction it was though! I spent day and night at first on here reading everything. And I still check it every day when I get home from work :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
I am on this site so much. More than facebook. I llove it sooo much! It also is fun when I don't want to do my homework.Hehe

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.