Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

a cage 4 my 2 boars

B

bebegrl7

a cage 4 my 2 boars

i had a baby boar(riley) for about 3 weeks when i decided to get another(theo)Riley is 7 weeks and theo is 9.i bought the cubes and built a long cage and put a divider in the middle made of 2 grid things...riley slipped through those tiny holes into theos cage and they love eachother! they were chirping and making all kinds of noices. so now i need to make a different cage....i want to have one that is 4 grids long 2 grids wide.i want to have a lil loft type thing...2 grids wide 1 long how would i do that?

Attachments

448.jpg 447.jpg
Re: a cage 4 my 2 boars

did you get my email?

why don't you take out the divider and then add the loft to that?

Re: a cage 4 my 2 boars

if he got through the grid holes, he could escape and get lost or hurt and even stuck as he gets bigger and tries to go through. when i had baby pigs I put some wire mesh around the cage so the holes were much smaller then removed it when they were bigger. you could also use another grid to make the holes smaller

what i did is i part a 3 inch high strip of card all the way around the cage and took out the divider...but i dunno how to build a loft...do u have to have something to support the bottom?

Attachments

chloe.jpg
Re: ..

that's a good idea. :)
depending on how you do the loft, it may need extra support.
Mine did and I used a few grids to make 'a leg'.

Attachments

03152012-boars 011.jpg 03152012-boars 010.jpg 03152012-boars 009.jpg 03152012-boars 008.jpg 03152012-boars 007.jpg 03152012-boars 006.jpg 03152012-boars 001.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.