Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding How to keep bedding in the cage?

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Not for sure if this goes here so if not, mods please feel free to move it.

Currently, my Guinea Pigs share Carly's pet store cage(which I know is small) and I am despertaly trying to get a C&C cage but we've been very busy and just got back from vacation. So here's my problem:

My Guinea Pigs are scared because they aren't use to being handled very much. Especially Carly who is REALLY scared because she came from an owner that didn't play much with her or take care of her good. Anyway, and that results in them kicking the bedding out of the cage. Is there a safe way to keep the bedding/hay/poop from coming out? It is very annoying to vaccum every day(although, I usually wait till its cage cleaning time)

personally, when it comes to my piggies kicking their bedding out I find just cleaning what lands on the floor and then cleaning the rest at cage clean out time. you can buy gards and other things but I find that they just don't work 100%

Well with a C&C you can make the sides as high as you want.

Yes but not all of us do. I don't mind give some help to people that need it. other wise this site wouldn't be here, because it was made to help people with their pigs and give them the best they can, thus if the best they can give is a small pet store cage untill they can make a larger one then I shall be here to help them out. And I'm also sure that if this person had a C&C cage she wouldn't be asking. So thank you for adding your "input" but I don't think it was helpful to the question asked.

Until you put them in a new cage, you could make a cage cover out of window screen (on the outside of the cage). You could just staple the seams (no sew) and it's cheap. Just leave it open or create a flap at the door.

Yeah. I really need to get a move on on this C&C cage. The smaller cage is making my Guinea Pig's fight even though they love each other.

I thought of Pexi-glass but then I should have a lot of Coroplast lefotover after building only a 2x4 C&C cage so I can make the sides larger.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Having a C&C cage will be tons better for a number of different reasons - easier to clean, it's customizable, etc. And MOST importantly, it's more room for your pigs, which will make them happier and ultimately healthier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.