Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sharing some pics of stuff I made today

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
This is set #3 of bedding I've made for my cavies. All the sets are a work in progress, but this one is my favourite so far. This set set is the fleece bedding for both levels (plus towels, obviously). 2 donut beds (one small for the skinnies, one bigger one for the two long-haired boys), 1 cuddle cup with a removeable cushion inside, 3 covers for the bent-grid hideys. a cushion for the 'bunk bed", a cushion for one of the bent-grid hideys, a hammock, and a cuddle tunnel. I'll put the pics on my gallery tomorrow-- I've met my 8 pics a day limit for today. My model (Doug) was paid handsomely in cilantro.

DSCN1557.jpg

DSCN1559.jpg

DSCN1561.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

DSCN1566.jpg

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I love them! Could you send me the instructions for the bent grid hideys, the hammock and cuddle tunnels. You've inspired me to make them! But I have nowhere to get instructions

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
So cute! I bet they will love it. Well we all know how pigs are sometimes they don't act so gratefull all the time. Needless to say it will look really nice.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
The hidey covers are way easy. Bend a grid. I then sew a cover from a piece of fabric that is 30" long by 15" tall. I hem one of the long ends, then fold it in half (so it's 15" square) and sew the other two sides. Presto! A cover.

The hammock is nearly as easy. I cut two pieces of fabric (one fleece, one a cotton print). I pin them together right sides together, with 6" lengths of ribbon in each corner, pointing toward the center. I sewed all around the edges, leaving a space so I could turn it right side out. After it's right side out, the ribbons will extend from the corners. Then I sewed all around the outside, to sew the opening shut and reinforce the edges. Loop the ends of the ribbons over the ring/clip hardware, and sew that down.

Tomorrow I will make another of each, and take pictures, so you can see.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
And the tunnel:

Cut: 2 rectangles of fabric. At least 12" long, and as high as you want the tunnel to be long. I use fleece for one and cotton for the other.

2 lengths of boning (about 10" long).

Decide which fabric will be the outside. On that one, sew a strip of boning to the INSIDE, about an inch from each short end (the 12" side).

fold each rectangle in half (right sides together) lengthwise, and sew the long side together. (seperately).

Turn the "inside" piece right side out, and put it inside the outside piece. Sew around one of the open ends (pick one, doesn't matter.

Turn the whole thing right side out. Tuck the inside into the outside, and turn the raw edges of the other opening inside. sew closed.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
If you had enough time, you could sell this stuff here and on Ebay. Just, if you sell stuff here, you have to donate some to keep this site up and running.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
I gave up on Ebay a long time ago (they aren't very seller friendly anymore). I'm in communication with Teresa with regard to selling some of these things here. If/when I do, most of the proceeds will go to this site.

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
Your accessories are absolutely wonderful! If you start selling, I will buy!

Is it just me or do you have hearts sewn into the sides of one?

And I LOVE that paisley fabric! Where did you get it?! I want it!!

s.edwards

Cavy Slave
I would buy them too! They are super cute. Can you remove the grid to wash the cover?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Just wanted to say I love them! And that Doug is quite a handsome model. :)

SheriMartini

Cavy Slave
These are amaaaazing! I wish I was that talented. I'll have to invest in a sewing machine one of these days... maybe that would help!

And Doug is a very good model!

hilary

Cavy Slave
Wow wow wow. Please sell them! I'd buy. I'm wondering about the sewn heart as well, I love it. Beautiful fabrics.

ferndalezoo

Cavy Slave
The grid is totally removeable to wash.

I will sell these eventually. I'm in communication with Teresa about when/how. I don't really want any profit from them. basically most of the money above the cost of materials/shipping will go to Cavy Spirit.

I did applique a heart onto this particular set.

Tomorrow I will post pics of the process of most of these.

4piggers

Cavy Slave
I gave up on Ebay a long time ago (they aren't very seller friendly anymore). I'm in communication with Teresa with regard to selling some of these things here. If/when I do, most of the proceeds will go to this site.

have you tried Etsy? I love my etsy. I have a store on there.
And I really love your work! I have a sewing machine...I just cant sew.
Want to drive up and teach me? lol

tup86

Cavy Slave
Wow I LOVE all your accessories! You've inspired me to get crafty this weekend!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.