Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

HELP, ASAP, she had a miscarrage?

ShainaBee

Cavy Slave
I'm totally freaking out right now.
My vet is at lunch until 2:30 so i can't even take her to the vet.

Butter started making an odd sound, almost like a grunt so I started watching her and she was walking around and out came this little ball of red and Hannah started to try and eat it so I though maybe it was her giving birth - boy was I wrong. So I got a washcloth and got it away from hannah and when I was looking at it, it looks like a very premature baby. The legs are formed - I can see little baby legs and toes!

This only happened once and I got the little baby blob in a bag so I can take it to the vet. I knew she was pregnant even though the vet said otherwise.

Since only one baby came out - what about the other in there?
Will they be miscarriaged too?

Butter is eating hay right now and she seems fine - like it never happened.

Is the baby moving or have any heartbeat? Can you take them to other vets? I don't have any experience in this, but I think it is an emergency.

No.
The baby is not big enough to be "alive" that like.
It is only the size of my pinky finger.

I will not go to any other vets. I don't trust anyone.

She may have had a stillborn rather than miscarried.

You should take her to a vet and make sure she isn't retaining any placentas or fetuses.

I know it's scary right now, and I really have no idea how to help you medically with an advice, but I'd get her to your vet at 230 asap. This sounds like an emergency so I wouldn't bother with calling first to see if they have room. They'll get you in I'm sure.

Only one baby came out. She hasn't been pushing anymore and it's been almost an hour now since it all really stopped.

What do you think the chances are that she has other babies still in there? and do you think they would be stillborn too or maybe this one was just a fluke?

My vet is literally only 5 mins away so even if he calls and says come in, I can be there in no time.

It could be that she was only carrying one pup. It probably is a still birth. Once the cervix (pigs also have them I believe) is open it is VERY rare for it to reseal and so if she has more I doubt they will be alive.

Let us know how the vets goes.

This is really something that needs to be handled by a vet. If there is another dead pup in there then I would think that it would be detrimental to her health. If there was just the one pup that has already been expelled then things will probably be just fine and nature has taken its course. But there is really no way to know whether there is another pup in there (alive or dead) without her being seen be a qualified medical professional.

She needs to be seen by a vet to determine if she has any other babies, and if they're alive. If she still has dead babies they can rot inside her and make her sick.

Is it possible the other babies would still be alive?
or once one is dead and stillborn - they all will be?

I'm totally freaking out right now.
My vet is at lunch until 2:30 so i can't even take her to the vet.

Butter started making an odd sound, almost like a grunt so I started watching her and she was walking around and out came this little ball of red and Hannah started to try and eat it so I though maybe it was her giving birth - boy was I wrong. So I got a washcloth and got it away from hannah and when I was looking at it, it looks like a very premature baby. The legs are formed - I can see little baby legs and toes!

This only happened once and I got the little baby blob in a bag so I can take it to the vet. I knew she was pregnant even though the vet said otherwise.

Since only one baby came out - what about the other in there?
Will they be miscarriaged too?

Butter is eating hay right now and she seems fine - like it never happened.

It's after 2:30, what happened to taking her to your vet?

What happened? Any updates? I hope she's okay.

I'd like to know too. Hope she's ok. Please keep us updated.

What happened?????? did you make it to the vet??? is Hannah ok??
please keep us updated....I'm worried, I hope she's alright.

Was looking at this thread and noticed that there has been no update on it. How's your girl doing? It's been 4 days since the last post.

Is your pigger OK?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.