Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Urgent help!

• Thread starter GuineaPigGalore
  • Start date

GuineaPigGalore

Cavy Slave
I have just built a 2x5 c&c cage for my 2 male guinea pigs. (babies..)

I want to build an upper level, but should I make a 2x1 or 2x2??

If I made a 2x2, I would only have 1 grid left for the ramp..... What else could I use??

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gooberific

Cavy Slave
They don't NEED the upper loft, but if you want to make the 2x2, you can get creative with coroplast and duct tape! You can also use a black drainage tube that has ridges, you find them at home improvement stores like Lowe's or Home Depot, with a minimum diameter of 4". Whatever you do, just make sure it's super-sturdy and safe.

xDardentlove

Cavy Slave
This might sound different but I ended up using a piece of hardwood flooring. There is this place where I live that buys almost anything and everything off of anybody and they have a lot of brand new hardwood floor pieces for like 75 cents. So anyways I took one and it's about 3 grids long. I nailed a little coroplast wall to one side of it and put the other side up against the wall of the cage. I also put fleece on the ramp for traction. I connected the ramp to the upper level with these The hooks hook onto the grid below the coroplast. It's nice because during cleaning I just unhook the ramp and take it out of the cage. The hooks also screw nicely into the side of the hardwood and are durable and strong.

Hope my description is easy to understand and good luck with making your ramp!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.