Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Roxy might be expecting

lalitalotus

Cavy Slave
I adopted Roxy 3 weeks ago from the shelter. Last night I broke down and did introductions to my two other sows one day early (I did have her completely quarantined for 20 days.) I woke up this morning and I swear it's like she became pregnant over night. I was worried she might have a horrible tumor or severe constipation, but I examined her closely and I'm pretty sure I felt at least three distinct lumps in her belly.

So... my biggest question right now is should I separate her from Daisy and George? The introductions went well, and they seem to be getting along fine except for some minor issues involving who owns which hay rack. I've done research and it seems to be mixed as to whether or not I should. I know for a fact that neither pig has ever had her own litter, so I don't know how much help they would be, and they certainly aren't bonded yet.

Also if anyone with experience could take a gander at these pictures and let me know if she looks preggo to you, and if so, how far along, that would be great, thanks!
(Roxy is the brown American)

Amsley246

Cavy Slave
Looks like she could be. A vet will be able to tell you for sure in a pinch! What a darling little thing!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
lalitalotus said:
So... my biggest question right now is should I separate her from Daisy and George? The introductions went well, and they seem to be getting along fine except for some minor issues involving who owns which hay rack.
No reason to separate. The other sows may act like aunties and help with the pups if she is pregnant.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.