Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay bins!

MissPriss16

Cavy Slave
I'm using an old tuber ware container for hay and I'm going to cut off half a side of the container, but after cutting it, it will be a sharp edge...

What do you all use on your home-made hay bins to keep them safe for your piggies?:confused:

ilovestars

Cavy Slave
I did use a hay bin but my piggies just slept in it and would get dirty. So I found that if I use a bent a gird and zip tie it to a grid above, it works just as fine.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I also use a bent grid. When I put hay in a pile or container that they can climb into, all they do is pee and poop in it and end up wasting a lot of hay. But if you still want to use the Tupperware bin, I have a large Rubbermaid bin that I use to line their kitchen area. I found some thin cardboard from a box of some type and cut some long strips and bent it over the cover up the sharp edges. I used clear packing tape to secure it on the bottom. This was 6 months ago and the cardboard and packing tape are still in tact. The pigs can't chew on the tape the way that I have it either, plus it's always covered with Carefresh.

PokeyPig

Cavy Slave
I just bought one of these;

(broken link removed)

It was cheap and hooks nicely on the cage and keeps it dry and clean. If you have multiple pigs I think it comes in a larger size also.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.