Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from the Bay Area

Bdmellohead

Cavy Slave
Hello!

My name is Lindsey and I own 3 female guinea pigs ;D I am from the Bay Area in California!

I am very happy to have been referred to this site from a pal. :) I have owned guineas all my life but from this site I have been filled with TONS of useful information. My girls are now very happy in a large C&C 2 story cage thanks to this forum.

I am a college student, music education major, french horn and cello player, and animal lover! I own a horse, dog, 2 cats, and some large freshwater fish; oscars, and of course my 3 guinea pigs.

Thanks again for all the wonderful information here, I am looking forward to being a part of these terrific forums!

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome. I have two female Guinea Pigs and I want a third. Just wondering but how big is your C&C cage?

Bdmellohead

Cavy Slave
Thank you for the welcome ;) my cage is 2x5 currently with a 2nd story. I want to make it larger but my aquarium is in the way, and it's going to be a job to move it across the room. It's 80 gallons and I'll need help with all the draining/moving.

ZiggyMama

Cavy Slave
Welcome!! I am from the San Joaquin Valley. I have 2 piggy's and have learned more from this site than I ever could have imagined.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Hi Lindsey,
Nice to meet you. I'm in Mountain View. I'm also new here. I've only had guinea pigs for a month and I've learned so much from here.
I'd like to ask who's your vet around here. I'm looking for one.
Thanks,
Lissie

Bdmellohead

Cavy Slave
Hello Lissie, Thank you!

My family uses All About Pets in Union City. His name is Dr. Freeman and we take our cats, dog, and parrot there. Our parrot goes there regularly for her beak "manicure." They also take care of small animals as well and other exotics. The staff is really friendly and they were very supportive when we had lost our cat Socrates due to kidney failure last year, (may he be in a wonderful place now.) They would let me stay for hours and brush him and just love him up in the back room which I thought was really kind even though they were probably more than happy to let me stay with him. I think it is a little out of the way for you to go there depending what side of town you live on, but I do recommend them nonetheless . Here is their website:

(broken link removed)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Thanks Lindsey for the doctor recommendation. Wow, you're also up late.
I can't seem to stay away from this website. :)

Bdmellohead

Cavy Slave
No problem :) Yes, I love looking at all the photos and reading up!

izzyandlolasmom

Cavy Slave
Hi there, I am also new to here. I just rescued my guinea pigs from a horrible living situation and come to find out one of my girls (Izzy) may be pregnant. I live in the San Diego area with my boyfriend, our fish, dog, bunny and 2 guinea pigs! I know quite the house full. Izzy (Isabella) is a solid black abyssinian and Lola is a black and orange abyssinian (I believe.)
They are they greatest. Izzy is the cuddler she loves when I get home from work and pick her up and cuddle with her. Lola, who is the younger of the two, is getting better at being held but rather move her igloo all over her cage.
Their cage currently is a 2x4 C&C cage, however my boyfriend is currently working on adding to it. Especially since Izzy may be pregnant.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.