Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Oh no I foregot!!!!

5guinea5pig5

Cavy Slave
Hehe I've always foreget to to do an intro :ashamed:.

Hi people my name is Max and I have a wife and 2 kids. I'm 60% owner of a shelter. My shelter takes all animals and has volunteers that specialize in different types of animals. Of course I specialize in piggers. I'm a stay-at-home dad and have a lot of free time during the day so I adopted 25 piggers to accompany my other 6 piggers. I also have 5 cats (wife's responsibility), 7 dogs (kids responsibility [except 2 are mine]) and 1 tortoise named Timmy (timmy the tortoise hehe). When I say it's my responsibly or my wifes etc. I mean that they're the main responsibility but others help out. I'm a vegan (just made the switch from vegetarian) and it also helps that a vegan chocolate store just opened with amazing stuff there. I love spending at my shelter and I go there almost everyday.

Here's the sad part: Part 1:
For Christmas as a family gift I got my family (and me!) 2 pigs from petsmart. Before you say anything they were free. Well anyway 1 of them was pregnant and gave birth. 1 day after she gave birth she and her pigs passed away.

Sad part: Part 2:
Also for Christmas my wife adopted my a german shepard dog who was pregant. The puppies were adorable and so was she. Sadly 3 of the puppies died. Only one of them survived and is doing really well.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I like messing with people and making them mad (shhh).

Hi & welcome 5guine5pig5... AGAIN!

Lol! Seems like I know you forever! ;)

I don't know why but is seems like I've been here for 4 months...

Yes, welcome.

What's the name of your shelter?

Why 4 months? Anyway, hi again...doesn't Ly call you Triple 5? If she doesn't then I guess I've just gone crazy. Welll, I feel like I already know you, so I can't ask any questions. Erm, hi?

Wow you have alot of pigs! How to you care for 30?? And did you adopt 25 or just foster them?

32 piggers to be exact. I adopted.

That is so funny Triple 5. You reminded me I've never introduced myself properly either! That's because I received a wheek notice from my 1st post for emoticons all over and bad spelling as always. God I made such a drama to my husband on that "You see? You told me I speak very good English! You got me in trouble for not being honest! Smack" (that was an object going straight on my husbands way). So introducing myself as I would want to, will get me banned from the forum by just gathering a nice collection of notices. Love the mods and all their effort to keep this forum clean and me being goofy :)
Well, welcome again as hueyeats says. I know you since you joined the forum, in Oct 2008, as me. Maybe I will follow your example in introducing myself, or maybe I just enjoy messing with people a little longer haha.

Wow that is an insane amount of pigs! :)

What did you say the name of your shelter was? My parents live in Ohio and they are looking for a dog to adopt. I'd like to refer them to you, if I can.

Hey my sister in law lives in Cleveland, OH too... although I didn't know that 5guinea5pig5's shelter is in Ohio till "paula.m.moore" mentioned it.

I kept 1 piggy over during Christmas at my MIL (as mentioned in an old post to be checked by DH's cousin "family vet"; DH's family & extended family all own farms in PA) and all my DH's nieces are interested in a GP.

One of them is from OH, the ones in NJ will not have the luxury of having GPs as pet for the moment unfortunately because their house is still being added on, so it is quite unsafe for pets actually (dust, exposed treated wood etc.).

I will be interested to know the location of your shelter too, 5guinea5pig5.

P.S. Can I visit the shelter during late summer in August sometimes? I think my sister-in-law is hosting the family's annual reunion this year at her house & my DH will also be down there for the annual Cleveland Downtown Bike tour (he did that last year too).

[edit] oh and welcome!

I'd love to know the name too! I have some cousins and they might be interested in a dog. ;) Of course with a little confincing....

You might have plenty of homes for some of your dogs right here on the forum! I'm surprised you haven't already stated it!

Hey again! Do you get your chocolate milk from that chocolate store you were talking about? Haha! Yeah, is it hard to take care of so many little piggers and other animals? Oh, by the way, I love german sheperd. We recently adopted a german sheperd, golden retriever mix. His name is Picasso,we named him that becase he's a work of art! :p

Hey 5guinea5pig5, do you come back and read this thread or did you forgot about this thread? Usually you are really good about responding to your thread...

anyways... do you have any pigs you are interested in adopting out? It seems there is quite a few here interested.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.