Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Maisie Has A Friend...Matilda

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
I know you don't advocate just going to a pet store and buying a GP, but there was this one girl. Who had babies and had been there 6 or 7 months. Because she had been there so long, I got a 20% discount. Why was she there so long? Maybe cause she was an adult. Maybe cause she didn't have cute markings or long hair......She's a short haired Albino. Hard to tell. But because I have had a good track record with this store, I spung her after I got out from work. Just because one gets a pet from a pet store doesn't mean it isn't a rescue. I think being stuck in a glass cage watching stupid people tap on your cage for 7 months, definately counts as a rescue.

I just went ahead and put her in Maisie's cage right away.....I had a feeling it would work out right. Matilda is sleeping in the potty and Maisie is sleeping right next to her. There was no agression or upset, just a butt snuffle and then they shared a carrot and they seem quite happy to have each other as a chum

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
I know you don't advocate just going to a pet store and buying a GP,

[edit] So why come on this site and rub it in our noses? You know you'll only cause chaos.

Just because one gets a pet from a pet store doesn't mean it isn't a rescue

No. Buying an animal is not a rescue. You doomed more pigs to death (in the shelter and petstore). In adopting from a shelter you open more space for an unwanted pig. In buying from a store you allow more abuse.

I just went ahead and put her in Maisie's cage right away.....I had a feeling it would work out right.

You should have quarentines especially since she's from a petstore. They are often missexed and sick. Now you probably have two mites/lice/URI infected piggies. I would take them to the vet soon.

If you can't resist the urge to buuy, don't allow the temptation. Simply stay out of petstores.

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
[edit] So why come on this site and rub it in our noses? You know you'll only cause chaos.

No. Buying an animal is not a rescue. You doomed more pigs to death (in the shelter and petstore). In adopting from a shelter you open more space for an unwanted pig. In buying from a store you allow more abuse.

You should have quarentines especially since she's from a petstore. They are often missexed and sick. Now you probably have two mites/lice/URI infected piggies. I would take them to the vet soon.

If you can't resist the urge to buuy, don't allow the temptation. Simply stay out of petstores.

Like I said..I've never had a sick pet come from this store. Me think-est that you over do on this anti pet store stuff....You sound like that you would be much happier having Matilda live her life out without ever have had a home, just because you are hate pet stores.

Well, not every place on earth has rescue societies for individuals. GP, Ferret or what ever. So what are we suposed to do, wait til someone runs an ad wanting to ditch their pet? Chances are they came from a pet store to begin with. So round about, you dealt with them anyway.

You are doing such a maligning job, lumping all pet stores into one dirty diseased image, that you poison someone who isn't savvy enough to know that, into believing that ALL pet stores are evil, when they are not. Why don't you knock it off. It's the pets that suffer in the end for this kind of unwanted zeal. >(

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
All pet stores that sell animals are bad news. Period. No argument. They buy from breeding mills and backyard breeders.

Maybe you should do some reading. No reputable breeders sell to pet stores.

You are not rescuing when you buy from pet shops. You are just encouraging them and putting money in their pockets. They just ordered two more guinea pigs from their breeder to replace the one you bought. So another sow is being forced to breed and have her babies torn away too young so the pet store can make another profit. If she and the babies survive.

Oh, by the way, she is in tiny cage with no fresh food or hay, and barely any room to turn around. She may even be sick with mites but she is denied vet care. It's cheaper that way.

Here Pet Stores and Guinea Pigs , Hollister Seizure and Rescue

That is what you are supporting. I'm sure if you had looked hard enough, you could have found one to rescue/ adopt. Didn't you adopt the one in your avatar? If so, how can you say there are no guinea pigs to really rescue?

And yes, getting them "secondhand" through a rehoming ad is better. You are not supporting the pet store by making another buy and you're saving that pig who is now going to be dumped at a kill shelter or in a park outdoors somewhere since no one wants her.

Those dumped pigs came from the pet store because they do a poor job of educating buyers and sell to anyone.

You need to learn about quarantine too Guinea Lynx :: Quarantine

Last edited:

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Ditto to the above post. No pet store animal is a rescue. It would be better yet just to stay out of that pet store, not even giving them money for supplies. Pet stores make most of their profits from the supplies that go with the animals, anyway.

And just for your information, guinea pigs are not albino. If a pig is white with reddish eyes, they are a PEW or pink-eyed white. Albino is lacking the pigment, however these pigs do not.

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
All pet stores that sell animals are bad news. Period. No argument. They buy from breeding mills and backyard breeders.

Maybe you should do some reading. No reputable breeders sell to pet stores.

You are not rescuing when you buy from pet shops. You are just encouraging them and putting money in their pockets. They just ordered two more guinea pigs from their breeder to replace the one you bought. So another sow is being forced to breed and have her babies torn away too young so the pet store can make another profit. If she and the babies survive.

Oh, by the way, she is in tiny cage with no fresh food or hay, and barely any room to turn around. She may even be sick with mites but she is denied vet care. It's cheaper that way.

Here Pet Stores and Guinea Pigs , Hollister Seizure and Rescue

That is what you are supporting. I'm sure if you had looked hard enough, you could have found one to rescue/ adopt. Didn't you adopt the one in your avatar? If so, how can you say there are no guinea pigs to really rescue?

And yes, getting them "secondhand" through a rehoming ad is better. You are not supporting the pet store by making another buy and you're saving that pig who is now going to be dumped at a kill shelter or in a park outdoors somewhere since no one wants her.

Those dumped pigs came from the pet store because they do a poor job of educating buyers and sell to anyone.

You need to learn about quarantine too Guinea Lynx :: Quarantine

Sorry to dissapoint you, but she had a fairly big cage. They do kep them clean and they do feed them more than the pellets.......You all are so blinded by indiscrimnate hatred of pet stores that you will not take things on an individual basis.

It was a fluke that this owner even sought to rehome her pig. I seldom see any kind of ad for pigs in this area. The pound used to have pigs...The pound who was so stupid in animal care that they were having babies, while in their custody. They didn't know even the simplest thing...How to sex your rodents. They didn't even know a male rat from a female rat. This place, is considered a type of rescue.....But if there was ever a place to have disease in their animals, this was it.....Not the pet store.

I actually saw a rodent delivery one day. Everyone was clean and happy. I do not know who the man is, but he does a good job with them. They aren't just shipped in from an undisclosed source. They are also put into quarentine prior to allowing them to be sold.

Since she had babies. She was obviously inpregnanted by accident while they had her, since they had her so long. The babies were fat and healthy.

Oh....I asked since piggies get pregnant so easy. If they buy back the babies....NO. They do not pay for indiscrimnate litters. They will take them in to adopt them out though. So it doesn't behoove anyone with this pet shop to get their pets pregnant and hope to sell back to them.

STOP lumping everything into one bucket. There are indiviual cases with pet stores.

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
We're so blinded? Did you even read anything we said.
None of what you say matters, a pet store simply can not be good if they sell animals. Period.
Do you not realize that there are guinea pigs being euthanised(killed) in shelters every day because there are no homes for them?!

Individual cases with people still affect over population on a larger scale. If there were issues with your local humane society maybe you should have taken action and worked on getting it fixed, instead of supporting the route that causes these problems! Do you not realize that the animals in the pound came from breeders and pet stores?
Animals in a petstore can be taken care of above and beyond. Guineapigs from breeders can be fed their daily greens, have a large C&C, see a vet, but that will never take away from the issue that they are over populated. That they are being euthanised in shelters because they have no homes.
Buying animal takes homes away from the ones that are homeless.

ETA: I don't think there's such a thing as Albino guinea pigs. Those are lethals, they're the result of breeding with out knowing genetics. They usually have serious health problems.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/kitchen/4190-lethal-guinea-pigs.html

Also, you seriously need to learn how to do proper introductions and to quarantine. Please read these
Guinea Pigs Social Life
Guinea Pigs Social Life

Last edited:

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
I work at a petstore simply because it's my only means of income at the moment as I am a struggling college student trying to make my way to nursing, so I am far from blinded, I see exactly how things work in petstores. Being that I work at a petstore, and a well known one at that, I would NEVER advocate purchasing any live animal from them. As long as people keep buying from them, they will keep selling and that is the point. Did you bother to see the homeless pets? Did you look on petfinder.com? Maybe you should and look at what you left homeless. You could have adopted and that would be one less homeless Guinea pig. Did you bother to see that there are 1,342 Guinea pig ads on petfinder, meaning there are at least 1,342 homeless Guinea pigs (many are bonded guinea pig ads so you can ad an extra 40% to get an estimate on how many are really on there homeless) You could have made it one less. And as for the cage, being as how you said it was pretty big, was it 7.5 square feet? Was it at least 6 square feet? If not, it wasn't pretty big.

Maybe you should read up on what this site is all about and the reasons for it before you post things like this and wonder why people are unhappy about it.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Actually it does behoove them to let their animals breed so they can sell the babies.

Saves them a few bucks from not ordering more. And even if they have "accidental" litters left and right, there is still something wrong there.

And where do you think the ones at the pound came from? gasp. The pet store!!

A pound is not a rescue - it's merely a holding facility for unwanted or lost animal. If not adopted or reclaimed, they are euthanized.

They are usually not equipped or trained to deal with exotics, yet they are forced to clean up irresponsible breeders and pet stores' messes. The shelters have little funds and manpower. Perhaps you should volunteer and actually do something than complain and add to the problem?

All pet stores that sell animals are bad news.

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
I work at a petstore simply because it's my only means of income at the moment as I am a struggling college student trying to make my way to nursing, so I am far from blinded, I see exactly how things work in petstores. Being that I work at a petstore, and a well known one at that, I would NEVER advocate purchasing any live animal from them. As long as people keep buying from them, they will keep selling and that is the point. Did you bother to see the homeless pets? Did you look on petfinder.com? Maybe you should and look at what you left homeless. You could have adopted and that would be one less homeless Guinea pig. Did you bother to see that there are 1,342 Guinea pig ads on petfinder, meaning there are at least 1,342 homeless Guinea pigs (many are bonded guinea pig ads so you can ad an extra 40% to get an estimate on how many are really on there homeless) .

And out of 1,342 homeless piggies O was here. I looked at all sources. You can't seem to figure out that some place does NOT have an over population of Cavys....Perhaps they eat them here :eek: ..You never know.

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
ETA: I don't think there's such a thing as Albino guinea pigs. Those are lethals, they're the result of breeding with out knowing genetics. They usually have serious health problems.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/kitchen/4190-lethal-guinea-pigs.html

Well according to.....

Question ~ My two guinea pigs, which are brown, black and white just had a litter of babies similar in color, except one is white with red eyes. It has about 8 rosettes and a "bald" spot on the top of its head between its ears. It has the right number of toes and seems like the other babies. I have been told that Albinos are the result of inbreeding, though I did not think that my two pigs were siblings. They have had another litter before this one where all the babies have been healthy. Can you tell me more about Albinos?

Answer ~ your baby isn't necessarily an albino. There is often some confusion about exactly what an albino is. It is a cavy with no colour...which of course yours is. But the confusion arises because there is also a breed called the Pink Eyed White. Identical to the albino but without any of the health problems. The Pink Eyed white is far far more common than the albino guinea pig, in fact the albino is all but extinct in captivity as responsible breeders wont perpetuate a breed that has health problems. Most breeds come in the colour of Pink Eyed white so my guess would be that somewhere in the parents background there is a cavy of this colour and so the genes have worked their magic (as they often do with guinea pigs) and you get something totally unexpected.

The only other answer would be if your baby is what is called a micropthalmic white. These arise when both parents are roan or have roaning in their coat, a mix of black and white or red and white hairs. BUT in this case the baby would have very small (or non existent) eyes and no teeth. If its healthy and looks like the others I really wouldn't worry

So she's a PINK EYED WHITE. (Excuuuuse Me!) Commonly refered to as an Albino. Perfectly shaped...perfectly toothed...Sees fine....Hears fine....Friendly and healthy and getting on with her new friend....PERFECTLY.

But that can't be possible....Since all pet stores are evil. Too bad that's not what the Vet said today.

I'm glad I got her and I don;t give a rats :censored: about a place that picks on an innocent piggie, cause of their general hatered of pet stores. FYI: They didn't charge anymore than rescue groups do for GP's. Why is that is they are in it for profit???....Or maybe I';m mistaking it. And I'm measuring their pricing next to a business that sells piggies, pretending to be rescue groups. :rolleyes:

psmadden

Cavy Slave
I work at a petstore simply because it's my only means of income at the moment

why work at a pet store if you dont agree with it?? if you love animals, work at a shelter. I work at a petstore too but not because its the "only means of income" leave the woman alone, at least now, she has 2 happy pigs and not a lonely pig. most people on this site have bought pigs. everyone has their views and just be happy. I personally bought my pigs also and feel shunned from this site every time i post ANY THING all I'm seeing is negative comments toward me because I bought my piggies. I still love them and care for them just as much as I would if they were "rescued"

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Most members here have bought animals from pet stores or breeders at some point - I certainly have.

The difference is that most of us would not do it again, now that we know the bigger picture.

Buying an animal from a breeder (or worse a pet store) encourages and funds impulse buying, overpopulation, animals being abandoned or euthanased or neglected, neglect.

Adopting an animals (whether through a rescue, shelter or rehoming ad) reduces overpopulation, saves lives, and does not encourage or fund all the nasty things listed above.

Most members here love all animals, not just their own. We want to save as many lives as possible, and have all pets in safe loving homes. The only way to do this is to always adopt, not buy. We have learned from our mistakes and now make an effort to do the right thing - not the easy thing.

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
why work at a pet store if you don't agree with it?? if you love animals, work at a shelter. I work at a pet store too but not because its the "only means of income" leave the woman alone, at least now, she has 2 happy pigs and not a lonely pig. most people on this site have bought pigs. everyone has their views and just be happy. I personally bought my pigs also and feel shunned from this site every time i post ANY THING all I'm seeing is negative comments toward me because I bought my piggies. I still love them and care for them just as much as I would if they were "rescued"

Let me as you a question? Do you live in Michigan? Do you know about Michigan's economy? Are you a struggling college student? Are you even in college? Do you know what it's like to be supporting yourself at 18 and still trying to go to college? Let me answer those for you.

There are NO JOBS in Michigan. I'm, like I said, 18, so jobs are even harder to find because I'm younger. No one is hiring, they are laying off around here. I have no choice. So lets look are some scenario's if I didn't work there shall we?
I could not work, not go to college, and I could live on the streets for the rest of my life. Or I could not work, take a ton of student loans out that I'll never be able to get paid back and I'll be in debt the rest of my life. Or I could work, at the only job I could find, (I did look for months and months, I applied to many many restaurants, I really wanted a waitressing job, but no one called) go to college, get through the nursing program and get a nursing job and be basically guaranteed a job because nursing is in such high demand, even in Michigan. I think working sounds better to me. I prefer not to live on the streets. So before you tell me to take up a VOLUNTEER job at a shelter, which is all they want around here, maybe you should think about the situation I'm in here.

Also it's not my problem if you feel "shunned" from this site. I never "shunned" you. I simply was informing her about the need for adoptions, and last time I checked, I wasn't the only one doing it but I don't see you commenting on them now do I? She's new to the site, and doesn't really understand the reason why we are against pet store animal purchases, so it's actually not a HUGE deal to me she bought them from a pet store. But she now understands, and that is what we'd like. Also, yes everyone has their own views, but they aren't on this site, people are here to help their animals yes, but if you read the stickies on what this site is all about, it clearly states we are pro-adoption (this site is run by a woman who runs a rescue if you didn't know). You being one person is not going to change pretty much everyone on this site's minds. So if you're going to jump on someone for giving out information on adoption to someone who is uninformed, maybe you should not pin point one person, especially since you do not know me, or my situation.

Last edited:

banjosnotbombs

Cavy Slave
Well according to.....

Question ~ My two guinea pigs, which are brown, black and white just had a litter of babies similar in color, except one is white with red eyes. It has about 8 rosettes and a "bald" spot on the top of its head between its ears. It has the right number of toes and seems like the other babies. I have been told that Albinos are the result of inbreeding, though I did not think that my two pigs were siblings. They have had another litter before this one where all the babies have been healthy. Can you tell me more about Albinos?
Answer ~ your baby isn't necessarily an albino. There is often some confusion about exactly what an albino is. It is a cavy with no colour...which of course yours is. But the confusion arises because there is also a breed called the Pink Eyed White. Identical to the albino but without any of the health problems. The Pink Eyed white is far far more common than the albino guinea pig, in fact the albino is all but extinct in captivity as responsible breeders wont perpetuate a breed that has health problems. Most breeds come in the colour of Pink Eyed white so my guess would be that somewhere in the parents background there is a cavy of this colour and so the genes have worked their magic (as they often do with guinea pigs) and you get something totally unexpected.

The only other answer would be if your baby is what is called a micropthalmic white. These arise when both parents are roan or have roaning in their coat, a mix of black and white or red and white hairs. BUT in this case the baby would have very small (or non existent) eyes and no teeth. If its healthy and looks like the others I really wouldn't worry

So she's a PINK EYED WHITE. (Excuuuuse Me!) Commonly refered to as an Albino. Perfectly shaped...perfectly toothed...Sees fine....Hears fine....Friendly and healthy and getting on with her new friend....PERFECTLY.
But that can't be possible....Since all pet stores are evil. Too bad that's not what the Vet said today.
I'm glad I got her and I don;t give a rats :censored: about a place that picks on an innocent piggie, cause of their general hatered of pet stores. FYI: They didn't charge anymore than rescue groups do for GP's. Why is that is they are in it for profit???....Or maybe I';m mistaking it. And I'm measuring their pricing next to a business that sells piggies, pretending to be rescue groups. :rolleyes: [/FONT]

Yikes, that was difficult to read.
So, according to an unknown source, which is likely something like Yahoo Answers or About answers, which is usually incorrect, you're correct?

I wish that you wouldn't turn this around and act immature. I sent you a link to research about lethals yourself, because they often have serious health problems, and even if you've seen a vet there could be things that show up later in life, or maybe through some kinds of tests you could eliminate future problems.

We're not trying to pick on you or put you down. We're all very passionate about animals on this website, and very pro-rescue. Alot of us came from a similar mindset, thinking there's nothing wrong with petstores and purchasing animals from them. But unlike you, when the facts were presented to us, and we researched, saw, or learned about the damage, we grew up and changed our ways.

No one here has a problem with guinea pigs, it's you, your attitude and immaturity that is the problem.
We care enough about the guinea pigs in the petstores that we want to strike at the route of their abuse and overpopulation, so no guinea pigs have to suffer again.
It is truly sad that you're incapable of having a little self reflection, instead you have to act very childish.
You can leave the forum if you want, I personally wish you would stay, because it's important for you, your guinea pigs, and the guinea pigs in this world that you know the truth.

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
Yikes, that was difficult to read.
So, according to an unknown source, which is likely something like Yahoo Answers or About answers, which is usually incorrect, you're correct?

I wish that you wouldn't turn this around and act immature. I sent you a link to research about lethals yourself, because they often have serious health problems, and even if you've seen a vet there could be things that show up later in life, or maybe through some kinds of tests you could eliminate future problems.

We're not trying to pick on you or put you down. We're all very passionate about animals on this website, and very pro-rescue. Alot of us came from a similar mindset, thinking there's nothing wrong with petstores and purchasing animals from them. But unlike you, when the facts were presented to us, and we researched, saw, or learned about the damage, we grew up and changed our ways.

No one here has a problem with guinea pigs, it's you, your attitude and immaturity that is the problem.
We care enough about the guinea pigs in the petstores that we want to strike at the route of their abuse and overpopulation, so no guinea pigs have to suffer again.
It is truly sad that you're incapable of having a little self reflection, instead you have to act very childish.
You can leave the forum if you want, I personally wish you would stay, because it's important for you, your guinea pigs, and the guinea pigs in this world that you know the truth.

The info is from a cavy site.....You just can't get over that she is a happy healthy piggie..From a PET STORE. I think that you would prefer that she would have been a 1 eyed 3 legged inbred, spit dribbling monster. Guys, she is just as much of a rescue as any of the official 'rescues'. At least she has a home where she is loved and won't have to have more babies.....Like It or Not.

BTW how come you are ignoring the fact that the vet said she was healthy?
Hummmmm?

I suggest if you don't like pet stores selling pets, that you actually do something to get laws passed to prohibit it. But with your sort of nasty attitude, you couldn't get squat passed. I'm glad piggies don't have the attitude of the people that own this site...They say that the pet reflects the owner or visa versa...I don't think so!>(

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
Piggie Says....BAD FORUM!

Deenanicole08

Cavy Slave
I'd like to maybe, explain this in a different way. No one is mad you got your pig from a pet store, many people on this site have, and they are now happy and healthy. If you talk to the majority that do though, they got them before coming to this site and discovering the truth behind where their pig came from. They are simply trying to explain that next time, if you would like to get a pig, try to consider adoption, from a rescue, shelter, or humane society. The reason for that is simply because most petstores are not trained with the knowledge to care for the pigs as they should be. An example of that is because many die of a URI or have mites (which normally comes from the breeder shipping them in with them), or are pregnant which isn't horrible because accidents happen, but normally they are too young. Also the pigs in the petstores come from a mass breeder. I'm not sure if you know about mills, but these poor sows have to have back to back litters and then she ends up dieing from exhaustion. Your pig is healthy, and happy, but what about her mom? That's what they're trying to explain. It may come off rude to you, but that's because you are also retaliating. If we could all just act calmly and rationally it would work out much better.

No one is saying your pig is deffinately sick and defective. They are simply trying to explain the importance of adopting, and that your pig was a lucky one because many are very ill and a lot of times die from hidden illnesses. If you research indepth about the secret behind breeders you would understand a whole lot more. No one is trying to attack you, but it seems that way because you react in anger also.

Many people think we need breeding to keep the species alive and I'm not sure if you think that or not, but that's really not true. There are enough accidental litters to keep it well away from extinction.

The whole reason we dont like buying from a petstore is because of the life of the sow's giving birth over and over, and the condition they are forced to live in. The breeders keep the pigs in tiny breeding tanks, where they are fed horrible pellets, and have to live in their own feces. It's just a horrible thing.

No one is attacking you or your pig. They are trying to get you to consider the point they have to make.

psmadden

Cavy Slave
Yes I know all about college ect. Im 22, just graduated and going back. Im not going to discuss what I think. Im on this site to get better knowledge about the animals.

FOXFYREANGEL

Cavy Slave
I'd like to maybe, explain this in a different way. No one is mad you got your pig from a pet store, many people on this site have, and they are now happy and healthy. If you talk to the majority that do though, they got them before coming to this site and discovering the truth behind where their pig came from. They are simply trying to explain that next time, if you would like to get a pig, try to consider adoption, from a rescue, shelter, or humane society. The reason for that is simply because most petstores are not trained with the knowledge to care for the pigs as they should be. An example of that is because many die of a URI or have mites (which normally comes from the breeder shipping them in with them), or are pregnant which isn't horrible because accidents happen, but normally they are too young. Also the pigs in the petstores come from a mass breeder. I'm not sure if you know about mills, but these poor sows have to have back to back litters and then she ends up dieing from exhaustion. Your pig is healthy, and happy, but what about her mom? That's what they're trying to explain. It may come off rude to you, but that's because you are also retaliating. If we could all just act calmly and rationally it would work out much better.

No one is saying your pig is deffinately sick and defective. They are simply trying to explain the importance of adopting, and that your pig was a lucky one because many are very ill and a lot of times die from hidden illnesses. If you research indepth about the secret behind breeders you would understand a whole lot more. No one is trying to attack you, but it seems that way because you react in anger also.

Many people think we need breeding to keep the species alive and I'm not sure if you think that or not, but that's really not true. There are enough accidental litters to keep it well away from extinction.

The whole reason we dont like buying from a petstore is because of the life of the sow's giving birth over and over, and the condition they are forced to live in. The breeders keep the pigs in tiny breeding tanks, where they are fed horrible pellets, and have to live in their own feces. It's just a horrible thing.

No one is attacking you or your pig. They are trying to get you to consider the point they have to make.

I'm fraid that's exactly how this whole thing came off. Especially since I said I checked the rescue option first and they paid no attention to that. It went from bad to worse when they acted like white piggies are automatically defective.

I'm well aware that SOME pet stores are bad. But not all of them are. Matilda's store, deals with a local breeder. I saw the gentleman making a delivery. He had clean happy animals. Could you kindly open your mind to the possibilties that some pet stores do take care of their animals.

There used to be a pet store in the mall that didn't take care of their animals. They had pure bred and kittens. I would bet that they did deal with puppy mills. Also instead of taking a sick animal to the vet. They would throw it in the dumpster. This is the type of pet store you all revile and so do I.

Maisie really need to get a friend as soon as possible she had been alone for months and since she was disrupted by changing homes, I wanted to take advantage of this window in time so she would accept a cage mate easier. I was right. The hit it off immediately. There were no rescues to be had. So I called the 2 pet stores nearest to work. I stopped at the one across the street. And saw Matilda sitting in the middle of the cage with her babies running about. I knew she was exactly the right temperment. I think one of her kids might have driven Maisie crazy. Besides mom needed a home the most.

Also kindly admit that some so called rescues are not on the up and up. So neither side is perfect.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.