Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Piggy update

Piper

Cavy Slave
So the last I posted we had just found out our little Lucy (renamed Monkey since lucy was a bit to girly) was a boy and I was freaking out that he had gotten his sister pregnant. Happy to report he got nuetered today and is now back home set up in his little hospital cage and the best news Twiggy our girl had her check up, all good and not pregnant! I was pretty sure we had seperated them intime anyways since she still had no baby bump and her weight gain was staying pretty identical to Monkeys but what a relief to hear it from the vet. I'm so happy just 3 more weeks for all of Monkeys swimmers to die off and our little furry siblings can finally be reunited it's been so heartbreaking watching them stare at each other thru the divider not able to play together.

Monkey is eatting like normal and pooping like normal but seems reluctant to move around much which I guess is understandable. I've read thru every thing I could find on post-nueter care and see lethargy as a sign of something being wrong but when should I be expecting him to start running around again? I can't imagine even with everything going perfect and no complications happening that it would be very comfertable for him to be real active the first couple days.

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Does he notice you're there. Like if you put your hand near him does he acknowledge your existence? Lethargy isn't so much about laying around as it being completely disconnected from everything. When my piggie got a URI I could twirl circles in the air around his face and he never even noticed me there and he's the social one! That's how I knew something was up.

Of course, he may still be sluggy from the meds and I'm sure he's not feeling the greatest right now. I'd just keep a close eye on him and make sure he's still eating/drinking and seems aware of his surroundings.

Piper

Cavy Slave
He's much more active today seems almost back to normal. He stood up against the bars of his cage this morning and squealed for his breakfast like always. Got a little irritated when I changed his towels and inspected his incisions but they look fine and he calmed back down soon as it was over so I think everything is good so far.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.