Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Question on Coroplast sheets

SarahAnn31190

Cavy Slave
Just curious since i haven't started building my cage yet because I'm still researching products and ways to build.

My question is:
How many grids would it be if i were to buy a 4' x 8' sheet or Coroplast?

Thank you!:cheerful:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The largest you can get is a 2x5 with 6"-10" sides. You can do a 3x4 but the sides have to be only 3".

LisaLou

Cavy Slave
Not that I'm an expert on these little critters or their world, but I just finished building my C&C cage for my 3 week old boys. I made a 2x4 and only had about a 20" x 4' piece of coroplast left over. I made the sides 10" high to babyproof. I can cut them down later when they are bigger. It really wasn't difficult at all to do (the hardest part was fitting the 4'x8' piece of coroplast into my Honda pilot with my kids in the vehicle, too!). I did a lot of researching of the cages also before I built. There are some amazing ones on this forum. Good Luck!:)

SarahAnn31190

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! I'm going to pick all my supplies up tomorrow. I'm so excited! Mostly for my piggies, and I love building stuff :D

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
(the hardest part was fitting the 4'x8' piece of coroplast into my Honda pilot with my kids in the vehicle, too!).

what you didn't tie the kids on the roof? Just kidding!

Nelli

Cavy Slave
Not that I'm an expert on these little critters or their world, but I just finished building my C&C cage for my 3 week old boys. I made a 2x4 and only had about a 20" x 4' piece of coroplast left over. I made the sides 10" high to babyproof. I can cut them down later when they are bigger. It really wasn't difficult at all to do (the hardest part was fitting the 4'x8' piece of coroplast into my Honda pilot with my kids in the vehicle, too!). I did a lot of researching of the cages also before I built. There are some amazing ones on this forum. Good Luck!:)

Lucky you! I had to try fitting an entire sheet of coroplast into a compact sedan with my mom and son in the car lol.

LisaLou

Cavy Slave
what you didn't tie the kids on the roof? Just kidding!
Hey, the thought did cross my mind! My 11 year old boy thought it would be a blast, but my 6 1/2 year old girl frowned. We worked it out! It was pretty funny because the static electricity kept making our hair stand up because the coraplast was up over all of our heads.
Okay . . . back to the subject - making cages - hee, hee!lol

Harrys Dad

Cavy Slave
It was pretty funny because the static electricity kept making our hair stand up because the coraplast was up over all of our heads.

Now there is a picture to see lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.