Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

It's Love

doggonebullies

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is Mellisa. I recently purchased a set of female guinea pigs for my 2 children. After only a couple weeks, "Grainy" died of unknown causes. I was far more upset that the kids. I have completely fallin' in love with
" Peppa", the remaining female. She is very healthy and full of life. I have been cramming all the cavie information I can, and hope we are suiting her needs. As soon as I have a chance, I will post a pic. of our sweet furball. I never realized they were actually affectionate...almost as loving as my English Bulldogs. And what really baffled me was the fact that "Peppa" actually enjoys "playing" with one of our female bullies we currently have inside. She isn't afraid at all. The even give eachother "eskimo kisses". I look forward to reading all the posts, and hope I am accepted into the guinea pig world. Thanks for reading, and I'm always open to suggestions. :crazy:

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry about the loss of one of your piggies. It is wonderful when you realize how much personality and love these little babies have to give. I think you will find a lot of wonderful information on here to help spoil your piggy. A lot of times guinea pigs from the pet stores can be sick when you buy them and then die shortly after they come home. If you decide to get your baby a new friend you may be able to find a shelter or rescue in your area to adopt from. Guinea pig rescues will have alot more knowledge on the pig you adopt from them and are healthy compared to pet store pigs who come from back yard breeders.

doggonebullies

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice...I will definately check into adoption when we decide to find a friend for "Peppa"

mer99

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum, and I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Rest in Peace Grainy.

I cannot wait to see pictures of what sounds to be a beautiful little girl.

doggonebullies

Cavy Slave
Ok, im trying to figure out this picture download thing. Hopefully, here is a picture of "Peppa". She is chowin' down on some Romaine lettuce. I love watching her do her popcorn jumps, and she talks to me everytime I pass by her cage, or start talking to her. I'll post more pics. over time as she grows. Enjoy!!!:mischievo

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Peppa is a doll baby!

I'm so sorry about Grainy. I (unfortunately) know how bad it hurts.

Good luck with adopting/rescuing a new friend for Peppa. We also have a pig who is very playful, ornery, and just can't get enough attention from us, so I have a good idea what your little girl is like!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.