Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Re-doing the cage

mochaviolino

Cavy Slave
My lack of organizational skills and love for my piggies have led to them fully taking over my bedroom. My two girls (Ginny and Maggie) are currently housed in a 2x5 cage with a 1x2 hayloft on top of an unused folding table that my parents have been wanting back. I'm wanting to redo their cage, since there's no storage space for all their stuff (which is starting to outnumber mine!) and conserve what little wall space I have.

I have two ideas:

A two level cage: first level being a 2x4 with fleece bedding, second level a 2x3 with 1x2 hayloft, plus storage grids on the side (three sets of 1x2 for hay, bedding, food). The top would allow storage for toys, food, etc. It would sit on the ground and I could "open" it to allow for a larger run area on the floor with spare grids.

A three level cage: first level being a 2x4 with fleece bedding, second level a 2x3 with 1x2 hayloft, and the third the same as the second level, plus storage grids on the side (three sets of 1x2for hay, bedding, food). The top would allow storage for toys, food, etc. It would sit on the floor as well. Expanding it to this would allow room for an extra piggy or two. :D

Anyone have any recommendations, criticisms, or suggestions? Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.