Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n What can stop this!!!?

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I can't stand seeing all these poor, helpless animals getting abused so bad!! What the He** is bush doing about this? Sorry, but I just don't understand why he is letting this happen!? Could we write letters to Bush, that probably won't do anything, but what can we do to help stop this, not just to go vegiterean? This is such an important issue, but I don't feel that Bush is doing anything!

Correct me if I'm wrong!

What kind of person would do such hurtful things to animals? Geeze!!

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I know this is a pro-veggie forum but im just puttin my thoughts in and im sorry. I think that people who can stand being vegand are GREAT people they're saving thousands of animals and what not but i dont think you should try to make every one go vegatarian and theres nothing the government can really do about it. No matter how good people like to think themselves as we are still animal and Darwin explains survival of the fittest. Humans eat meat because thats how we survive and stay strong. If we didnt eat meat we probably wouldnt have developed the way we did and no one on this forum would be alive. We need protien to form muscles and stuff and what about your kids when you grow up are you going to force them to feel wierd because they dont eat meat ? I know every one likes animals but im not going to have a cow as a pet, they are bred specifically to be killed and as sad as this is, they never knew or will know that theres anything better. Thats what they are for. Pet cow or chickens are bred to be pets livestock is bred to be food.

Also Bush doesn't do any thing for any caus because hes an a**hole.

critterlover

Cavy Slave
Millions of people in the world are vegetarians, are very healthy, and get plenty of protein, thank you. If it seems 'weird' to you, that's just because you haven't met many vegetarians.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
dagwellismypigy said:
i dont think you should try to make every one go vegatarian
"From a moral standpoint, actions that harm others are not matters of personal choice. For example, murder, child abuse, and cruelty to animals are immoral acts, not matters of choice. Today, our society encourages meat-eating and factory farming, but at one time, society also encouraged slavery, child labor, and many other practices that are now universally recognized as wrong."
--From peta.com.

dagwellismypigy said:
and theres nothing the government can really do about it.
They couldn't possibly enforce humane killings, clean up factory farms in any way, or promote animal welfare at all?

dagwellismypigy said:
No matter how good people like to think themselves as we are still animal and Darwin explains survival of the fittest. Humans eat meat because thats how we survive and stay strong. If we didnt eat meat we probably wouldnt have developed the way we did and no one on this forum would be alive. We need protien to form muscles and stuff and what about your kids when you grow up are you going to force them to feel wierd because they dont eat meat ?
We have a choice now, do you want to lag behind when there's progress going on? We all get ample amounts of protein, thank you very much. In fact, the average american gets too much, which is bad. Also, there is fat and cholesterol in meat, and little to none in soy-based foods. About the kids, they don't need to feel weird at all. See www.goveg.com for more info.

dagwellismypigy said:
I know every one likes animals but im not going to have a cow as a pet, they are bred specifically to be killed and as sad as this is, they never knew or will know that theres anything better. Thats what they are for. Pet cow or chickens are bred to be pets livestock is bred to be food.
Oh, and so are guinea pigs and dogs in other countries. NEWS FLASH: People eat different animals than us in some countries. All animals are alive, and all feel pain. If you wouldn't eat your pets, then don't eat other animals either.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
Well said MN! People in Peru raise guinea pigs in their kitchens not as pets, but as food! My boyfriend (who was adopted) has family from Peru. His birth mother was born and raised in Peru. He asked her a month ago if she ate guinea pigs while she lived there...and she did =( It's funny that her son is a proud owner of five piggies now!

I don't think there's a difference between "pet" animals and the animals you eat. I totatly agree with MN, if you wouldn't eat your pets-then why eat cows, pigs, chickens...etc?

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yes, cows are holy in India. When I was a meat eater I wan't allowed to eat beef because of this

Treen

Cavy Slave
And as popular as eating pigs (pork, bacon, ham etc) is over here, Muslims won't eat them as they're considered a dirty animal.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Did I ever say that I want to make everyone go vegetirean? Um..No.

And nope, cows and other animals werent made to be killed....Get your facts straight.

But human beings are created in God's image (Genesis 1:27). Don't we have a privileged position in the universe that gives us the right to use animals for our own benefit? Being created in the image of God does not justify depriving God's weaker children of their freedom, their joy, and their lives. Just the opposite. If "God is love," (I John 4:8), then those who are created in God's image are called to treat all living beings with love and compassion. If angels imprisoned, tormented, and killed us the way we imprison, torment, and kill animals, would we believe that their treatment of us reflected the nature of a loving God? Would we consider them angels or demons?

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Yes i think the way they kill the animals are wrong,. BUT if I had to i would eat my guinea pig to live. I would eat any of my pets (except dogs their mans best friendsor dolphins cause theyre smarter than most humans) I really didnt mean to offend anyone you just said correct me if your wrong so I just put my thoughts out their. They werent made to but they were bred to theyre parents and great grandparents etc were probably all livestock thats all they know. Also kids dont HAVE to feel weird but kids are CRUEL. I know im still a kid and i know sometime I can be mean.

Dont take this the wrong way its just a question I've wondered.. would you eat an animal that died naturally?

(sorry about any grammatical errors)

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
You know, if you're desperate enough to eat a guinea pig, you're desperate enough to eat a dog or a dolphin.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
dagwellismypigy said:
Yes i think the way they kill the animals are wrong,. BUT if I had to i would eat my guinea pig to live.
If you had to live, that's a total other story. We don't have to though, so it doesn't apply right now. People have turned cannibal, so that's just an odd thing to talk about.

dagwellismypigy said:
I would eat any of my pets (except dogs their mans best friendsor dolphins cause theyre smarter than most humans)
So are some animals we eat as food--take pigs for example. They're as intelligent as dolphins, but you didn't know that, right? It's something the food industry would like to keep hidden.

dagwellismypigy said:
would you eat an animal that died naturally?
That depends on each person. There are medical benefits to not eating meat, too, not just ethical reasons. I don't think I would personally.

critterlover

Cavy Slave
If angels imprisoned, tormented, and killed us the way we imprison, torment, and kill animals,
There's a lot of human suffering that occurs on this planet. Much of it happens to innocents like children or people who've done nothing wrong. God (by definition) is all-powerful, so if indeed 'God is love' (I John 4:8), then why does God let this suffering happen? If God is all-powerful and lets this sort of thing happen without intervening, isn't it just as bad as humans letting animal abuse happen?

those who are created in God's image are called to treat all living beings with love and compassion
Does God really treat all living beings with love and compassion? If God was all-powerful and all-loving, wouldn't God prevent innocent animals and humans from suffering before the suffering even had a chance to happen?

Not to offend anyone, but I don't see the logic...

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Does God really treat all living beings with love and compassion? If God was all-powerful and all-loving, wouldn't God prevent innocent animals and humans from suffering before the suffering even had a chance to happen?

God has a plan for every living thing in this world...
And everything happens for a reason..

critterlover

Cavy Slave
God has a plan for every living thing in this world...
And everything happens for a reason..
It's all very easy thing to say, especially if you have access to good food and medical care and live the comfortable life that we do...

So God's plan is for innocent children to starve to death and die of diarreah every day and animals to die from open wounds with maggots crawling in them? Doesn't sound like much of a plan to me...

If God lets animals get slaughtered in horrible ways, how do you know this is not part of the 'plan too? Why do anything about it then?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
If this is going to turn into a religious debate, I'm going to close the thread and you'll need to start a new thread (without religion) to continue this discussion.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
i stopped when you all started about religon. I dont sutdy the bible and i dont think religion should be involved with the law AT ALL

leeannm81

Cavy Slave
I think that humans are made to eat meat. We have the teeth for it, therfore we should. You wouldn't tell a lion not to eat an antalope (sp?) because the antalope "has feelings" and the lion might hurt the poor antalope. Would you? Humans are still animals, whether we want to believe that or not. As long as we have the teeth for tearing meat, I'll keep eating meat.

critterlover

Cavy Slave
OK, I promise we won't talk religion any more. I didn't realize it was taboo. I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I thought since we're discussing moral issues and many people get their sense of morality directly from their faith, it would be very appropriate to respond to Emily's post. I do apologize.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.