Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

puppy??????

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
after seeing how well i am taking care of my piggies, my parents are now seriously thinking about getting a puppy. a chocolate lab. i have my fingers crossed.

Great news! They are such gorgeous doggies.

yea, im pretty excited. i did have to lay out a rule though, that the doggies would not be allowed into the secondary family room where we keep our piggies. that will most definately be a piggy only room.

would the introduction of a dog scare my girls? if it would, im going to stop thinking about one right here and now.

It only will if they're in floor time with the puppy, which is dangerous. If they're in their cage, they may even develop a bond. My dog sniffs the cage, then they come out (especially Chut) to smell him back, all the while my dog is wagging his back end off!

My dog was actually terrified of my pigs at first. They'd wheek and she'd run away with her tails in between her legs. But now, when I hold my piggie, she likes to lean towards the pig and 'groom' him. She licks his back and he purrs. They're pretty good friends, actually.

Yay! I had a black lab growing up, they're great dogs! We also used to house sit a chocolate lab. Are they adopting? I hope so...They're so many dogs at shelters.

They may at first. i would be present since its gonna be a puppy and they get hyper and excited when they see new things. Everytime we bring home a piggie or got new babies my dog gets so excited like its the best thing in the world for her. She thinks its her babies. She stays in the room with them when we are not home and pet sits them. She checks on them when they wheek. When she walks in the room they all scatter and then they realize that its their friend. They all sniff her nose and try to nibble it. its so cute when you see that. I have a pic on my site with my big dog sniffing at piggles when she was a day old. (broken link removed). scroll through it you will see its under piggles. really have to look piggles is all black with white nose. My dog is a german shepard/golden retreiver mix. She is 7 years old and her name is Samantha. I had a cocker beagle mix named Isaac and Bella. Isaac was 10 when we put him down and Bella wouldnt potty train so we gave her to a good home. :(

my dog loved my piggy! when i moved away and didnt have my pig in my old bedroom anymore, my dog would always go in my room and look for my piggy. he still misses him to this day!

I hope you are going to rescue/adopt a dog. Dogs are even worse off than guinea pigs. A lab rescue might ocasionally get in puppies, and shelters often have lab mix puppies.

AngelsCavies, your dog is absolutely gorgeous from what I can see. And your piggies are adorable!

to answer all of your guys' questions, we will most likely adopt from the oregon humane society. they always have soooo many dogs. if not, we will be getting a senior/retired dog from the guide dog center. those dogs have such a hard time finding homes as well since no one wants a senior.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.