Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hideys

Peytomooo

Cavy Slave
I have a question on hideys. Bare with me; I don't know the exact name of what I'm referring to but I have a idea. Those boxes that paper come in ( white computer paper), would those make a good hidey house? There cardboard so if they pee on them and/or eat them would that make it safe? Also those plastic storage bins, if I got a small one and cut a hole in it would that be okay?

Thanks so much!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
One of my favorite thing to make hidey houses for both my ratties and piggies are these rubbermaid containers. They are heavy plastic and have lots of small holes on each side. They don't come with lids but can be found at Walmart, Dollar General and other stores I'm sure. Great in the summertime for ventilation and my girls keep warm in them in the winter too. Just cut a hole in one end (or both ends for a hidey/tunnel) with a small saw or dremel tool. Then smooth the edges and you got a durable hidey that only costs a couple dollars.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.