Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Favorite hidey homes?

stayarctic

Cavy Slave
I've been on the hunt for good hidey homes for my piggies. What are your favorite igloos or wooden homes for your cage? I've been on the hunt for a cute and safe wooden one specifically, but all the ones I have found worry me either because they have circular cut outs for windows that they could get their heads stuck in, or the wood has been treated and isn't safe for them to chew.

stayarctic

Cavy Slave
Also forgot to mention I'm looking for one of those Waffle Blocks from Super Pet. I think it's so so cute and perfect but I can't find anywhere to purchase it! Seems as though its been discontinued. Does anybody know where I can get one?
416a8f882ee72625ff6a826a82a48a91.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Plastic step stools also make great hideys, as do fleece forests.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I love the Critter Hollow. They're big enough for 2-3 pigs if they want to share (most don't though) and they have two openings so no one gets trapped in a hidey.

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Hello my girlies favorite hideys are fleece forests and what I like to call their super tunnels. I took two grids bent each into a L shape, zip tied together and covered in fleece. They love to sleep in them. Both hideouts are open and big enough for two piggies in case they get into a disagreement.

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
Fleece forests and fleece tents are my girls favourites. They love playing with the dangly bits. A small word about those wooden homes, many years ago we had one of those, and in the middle of the night I woke up to a guinea screaming. She had gotten stuck in the opening and it had to be cut apart to get her out. We were very very lucky in that she wasn't hurt. But I'm now of the mind that soft hideys are far safer (and easier to clean, you can just chuck them in the washing machine).

lisa325

Cavy Slave
Fleece forests, fleece tunnels, tunnels made with bent c&c grids and covered with stretchy book covers. They adore their covered hammock and often take chance a piece to spend time in there ��

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.