Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to get connectors?

Zelda_Zoe

Cavy Slave
Just making my first C&C cage. I have the wire cage sections from awhile back but no connectors. I got some zipties but want to re-inforce with connectors. Tried to order on line here but wouldn't work. Any suggestions?

You really don't need the connectors. I don't have any and my cage is plenty sturdy enough with just the zip ties. Pull them as tight as you can get them. In my opinion, they actually make the cage less stable, especially if you don't get them connected right.

You really don't need the connectors. I don't have any and my cage is plenty sturdy enough with just the zip ties. Pull them as tight as you can get them. In my opinion, they actually make the cage less stable, especially if you don't get them connected right.
I found that very same thing. My cage was stronger with just the zipties.lol

My cage is just cable-tied together, and it seems very sturdy, but if you really want the connectors, I have a whole bunch of them just laying around. I'd be glad to send them to you. The ones I have are blue.

ferndalezoo I just looked at your photo gallery and saw your cage, it looks really huge! I really love it! The only thing though is that you need to cover that ramp with something if you have not done so already. They should not be walking on the grids uncovered! I was actually looking at how it is all connected and it looks so sturdy, you did a very good job!

The grids are covered (with carpet) but the little buggers had pulled it off before I took the pictures. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

I changed my name to Zelda_Zoe once I convinced my son to change them from flower and daisy! that's so nice of you to offer to send those to me, but by the sounds of it, i don't need them. i am new to this so was just assuming. thanks guys

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.