Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Will they chew the Fleece?

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
I am considering switching to fleece (once Butterscotch gets better). I read the sticky thread and it answered just about everything except if guinea pigs will chew fleece. Butterscotch likes to chew my bed sheets old bed sheets, rags, and cardboard (I know cardboard is normal for guinea pigs to chew). So do guinea pigs chew fleece? Will Butterscotch? I was thinking I should try it out at floor time first. Would that be a good idea?

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Most piggys dont chew the fleece but if he chews bedsheets and stuff he may, you'll never know untill you try.

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
Thank you, I guess I will get on layer of fleece for floor time. And if Butterscotch doesn't chew it I will use it as a bedding. This way the shavings won't drag all over the house. Thanks for the house.

ava&lilly

Cavy Slave
if he likes chewing other stuff, it is most likely that he will chew the fleece too. But anyways buy cheep fleece and test it out... if he chews it go back to bedding

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
I think I will just stick to Aspen. Since she chews her cuddle-cup she most likely will chew the fleece. Thanks for all the advice though!

ava&lilly

Cavy Slave
yes you are probably right :) Good Luck

ava&lilly

Cavy Slave
actually, mine chew on everything but i put fleece in their igloos and they didnt eat it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.