Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Looking for an adoption or rescue centre in the East Kootenays Area

*LovesGinny*

Cavy Slave
Hi, I just got a little three month old girl named Harry (short for Harriette) from a pet store in Cranbrook BC. (i know this is really bad, but i'll explain). Now, i was really wanting to adopt, but the local SPCA does not have any guinea pigs, just cats and dogs. I was wondering if anyone out there knows of an adoption or rescue centre that is close to Cranbrook, because my parents are not big fans of driving anywhere and i'm too young to drive myself. I was wondering this because i would love to get a companion for Harry.

Thanks a bunch!
*LovesGinny*

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Not to be nosy or anything but I thought you were getting another piggy from your Aunt? lol sorry I am just curious.

Or are you getting three piggies (the petstore one you bought, your Aunts, and an adopted one)?!!!?

Again sorry if these questions sound rude to you, but I am just curious.... LOL anyways......

*LovesGinny*

Cavy Slave
no, these questions aren't rude at all. the thing is my aunt hasn't responded to her e-mails that i have sent her so if she wants to keep her piggy, i want other options at the ready, so then Harry will have a buddy as soon as possible.

critterlover

Cavy Slave
You don't have to feel tooo bad. You were happy just for your parents to let you have a pig and you didn't want to push the 'envelope' and ask them to spend 4 hours worth of gas money....

Try checking out:

(broken link removed)

That's where I got the info about Nelson. You know, some of the shelter volunteers at Nelson might come to Cranbrook to shop etc. You might try contacting the shelter at Nelson anyway to explain your situation. They might be able to have someone volunteer to drive you if your parents can't or maybe they can drive a pig to you instead. Some people are willing to do lots to help find a pig a home. Just an idea.

*LovesGinny*

Cavy Slave
thanks a bunch! my parents still don't want to pay the 40 bucks gas that it'll take to get to Nelson, but i think i've got something planned

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.