Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water bottle question

Guinea_Piggin

Cavy Slave
Does anyone else's pig(s) have a problem drinking out of the spring-loaded water bottle tips? I've gone through 4 different bottles trying to find one that's not only large enough for the amount of water they drink, but also with a tip they can use. For some reason, neither of my boys can get anything out of the spring-loaded tips. I'm not sure if it's just them, or if other pigs have the same problem.

Which brings me to another frustration. I didn't realize just how hard it is to find a 32oz bottle with a regular ball bearing tip. After 2 months of searching I finally found one that came the way I need it, the first one I was able to switch the cap from the smaller bottle. Argh! Never thought I'd get frustrated over a bottle of water, heh. If anyone is curious, I have two 32oz bottles for two pigs because the Twizzler likes to play with the bottle and will drain one in a day between actual drinking and just playing with the tip.

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
I've never tried the spring loaded tipped ones, but I have 3 of the ball bearing type, and those work great! Wow, I've never seen a 32oz bottle. I think mine are just 8oz each.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Guinea_Piggin, what kind of water bottle did you end up getting? I'd like to take a look at it if it's sold online. I got a ball bearing one and it constantly leaked. Now I have two 16 oz. that are spring loaded and my piggies love them. :)

Guinea_Piggin

Cavy Slave
I was so happy when I found the 32oz bottle! My Twizzler goes through water like nobody's business and it got to the point where I was having to fill the bottle every 6-8 hrs. -.-

I can't seem to find the bottles I have online. But the one with the spring-loaded tip is the Animal Planet/Kaytee 32oz...exclusive to Target if they're still selling the AP stuff by you, I think it cost $5.99 + tax, but I could be wrong, it's been a few months. And the new one with the ball bearing is from LM Animal Farms also 32oz...that one I got at Petco, cost $6.99 + tax.

(broken link removed) Here's the LM Animal Farms one online.

TwoOfaKind

Cavy Slave
Hi There. I use the ball bearing tip water bottles. I actually didn't know there was another kind ? I have ball bearing tip bottles for the piggies and bunny. The bunny has no problem, but Reeses tends to not be so suave when it comes to drinking out of the bottle (LoL) but he gets the job done ;)

The bottles I have are Lixit - and they have them in 32oz. They do leak when I first put them in the cage, but after that, they stop leaking pretty quick. I have problems with attatching them to the cages with the bent wire hangers that come with them, BUT I am actually going to get the metal bottle holders/sleeves, and make my life a bit easier with that one, haha

Here's a link for you at amazon.com for the water bottles

Amazon.com: Water Bottles - Feeding & Watering Supplies: Pet Water Bottles & More

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Thanks, guys! I want to get a water bottle for their other cage at the in-law's house...I'll check out target today. Thanks again. :)

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
I have a spring loaded and a ball one.My pigs have no problem with either.But my oldest pig prefers the ball one. I can't remeber but I think both my bottles are 32oz but I'm not sure.My pig's will only drink out of the spring bottle but they play with the super loud ball tip bottle. I prefer the spring loaded as it is quieter and when the pigs are next to your head it makes it easier for you to sleep.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Please post your questions in the appropriate forum section. I had to move this one as it belongs in "Accessories" and not in "About Guinea Pigs". Thanks.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I get the ones from walmart they are like $2 and work great.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.