Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Question about support

5piglover1542

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x3 cage with a top level that is 1x3 and i cant figure out how to support the second level. What i have right now is just grids on the bottom floor but they make little rooms on the bottom so it takes away space for running. Also is this cage big enough for a bonded pair of sows? I know i should have 2x4 but im going to be rebuilding the whole set-up(boys side and girls side) very soon..like in the next 2/3 weeks. If anyone has any advice, please reply!:silly:

I had a 2nd level for mine too, and what I had done was just put a cube in the center on the bottom of the 2nd level to hold it up. However that takes away some room and I've read that you can use some kind of PVC pipe or piece of wood to give it support as well. You just have to be sure its in place and steady. The other thing is take a cube and bend it (which is easy to do) into a circle and use that. They all work.

Also, besides the connectors, the cable ties or zipties help tremendously in keeping the cage together.

When I had a second tier on my 4X5 I went and bought some long wood trim from the store and placed it on the grids and this allowed the second level to sit on it. You can see it here:

(broken link removed)

As you can see the wood runs across the cage and the grids hold them in place. It worked nicely the whole time I used a second tier.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.