Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Outdoor time

Adorable

Cavy Slave
I’m planning on getting a couple GPs in the next few weeks and trying to set aside a couple different places for floor time. Inside, I have a hallway that can be blocked off but I was wondering if I could take them on the deck occasionally.

There is a PVC garage flooring out there to protect my kids feet and I could easily put grids around the bottom so safety is not a concern but temperature is. We keep the house at around 78 and I obviously wouldn’t put them out midday in the hot sun but when it’s shaded in the mornings and evenings, would that be a good place for them to spend an hour or so?

It would be fine to take them out as long as you stay out with them to protect from predaters such as birds of prey and stray or loose dogs and cats.

There is a PVC garage flooring out there to protect my kids feet and I could easily put grids around the bottom so safety is not a concern but temperature is.

Like put grids so its under their feet? Because if it just like that then it shouldn't be done because it can cause an injury.

But yes you can bring them outside when it's not very hot and if there out for awhile they need access to a water bottle as well. Also they need excess to shade as well. But my guineapigs love going outside. They eat the grass and everything. Just make sure you are out there with them so like already said nothing will come in and get them. Also a really easy playpen is if you zip-tie grids together you can just have it all done and can re-use it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.