Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece cleaning

XxCavyCrazyxX

Cavy Slave
I am thinking about switching to fleece and I have two main concerns: Smell, daily clean-up. Just how messy does fleece get after one day?(pictures would be helpful) and, does it smell worse than carefresh? If I switch I plan on having a litter pan under their hay rack, feeder and water since most piggies do their 'buisness' while eating. Should this be okay in keeping my cage clean looking AND smelling?

With adequate layers under the fleece to absorb urine I never had a problem with odor. Your cage will have to be swept or vacuumed daily though, to collect tossed around poo's. That really isn't a big issue though, since their poo is pretty much hard.

My 2 pigs are in a large open enclosed area. I use towels under my fleece, and double the towels under areas that they sleep or pee the most. I scoop the poop out daily, usually about 4 times a day, and vacuum to get stray hairs, food crumbs, etc. as needed. I don't have a problem with odor, and change everything once a week.

My hay is on a towel in a corner now.I have used a litterbox with carefresh and pine pellets and it worked well. No odor unless really saturated.

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.