Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Different brands of bedding?

Sierra

Cavy Slave
I have seen this kind of bedding before, and now I have just seen it again on Petsmart. I am making a chart thing comparing the different beddings and the brands of beddings, I was wondering if this was safe? Here's a link to it on Petsmart:
(broken link removed)

It says it isn't pine or cedar, and it says it is soft white shavings, what could it be?

Also, I have found CitraMax Critter Comfort bedding. It says it is made out of orange peels, I have never heard of such a thing! Any thoughts on this? Here is the link:
(broken link removed)

I'm also not too sure about the following beddings:

Kaytee Soft Sorbent- (broken link removed)

Kaytee Chlorophyll Pine Bedding-(broken link removed)

Does the chlorophyll really help anything?

Last edited:

MetallichicA

Cavy Slave
Sierra said:
I have seen this kind of bedding before, and now I have just seen it again on Petsmart. I am making a chart thing comparing the different beddings and the brands of beddings, I was wondering if this was safe? Here's a link to it on Petsmart:
(broken link removed)

It says it isn't pine or cedar, and it says it is soft white shavings, what could it be?
I've seen it before too, in the store itself - it looked just like aspen to me. I didn't flip it over to read about it though. Dunno about the others.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Sierra said:
(broken link removed)

Also, I have found CitraMax Critter Comfort bedding. It says it is made out of orange peels, I have never heard of such a thing! Any thoughts on this? Here is the link:
(broken link removed)

I'm also not too sure about the following beddings:

Kaytee Soft Sorbent- (broken link removed)

Kaytee Chlorophyll Pine Bedding-(broken link removed)

Does the chlorophyll really help anything?

Ok here I go-
Kaytee Soft Sorb- pretty much like carefresh a little cheaper depending on where you live works really well. In my opinion works better than carefresh but I still don't love it. Too spendy doesn't last long enough...

Cozy Critter Shavings- They don't have any smell and they definantly aren't pine or cedar you can tell. I love them they work nice. They are pretty spendy though....

Kaytee Chlorophyl- This stuff is no good! The chlorophyll is just an added thing that really doesn't do anything It is not needed. Unless you want to air this stuff out for a couple of weeks or more don't buy it! And if you want to talk about aromas, this bedding has them... It even says "Kaytee Chlorophyll Pine Bedding and Litter is an aromatic bedding that helps mask odors. Chorophyll is added to quality pine to provide a clean fresh aroma. Also, there is a special triple cleaning process that helps eliminate wood debris and fine dust. " Basically this stuff is no good don't buy it!

I have no idea about the last bedding other than that it is too expensive!

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
kaytee soft sorbent - they only bad thing is that it is REALLY dusty. but it does absorb well.

not sure about the other things.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Starbucks said:
kaytee soft sorbent - they only bad thing is that it is REALLY dusty. but it does absorb well.

not sure about the other things.[/QUO

Ya it varies for me one bag will be dusty the other bag won't. But it does work nice. But it is too spendy for the amount you get!

Sierra

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much, anyone know any thing about CitraMax?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I don't think it would be too good. It wouldn't absorb anything much, and the smell would probably get to them. Clorophyll is just color added to the usual pine, which is bad. Kaytee soft sorbent is fine, but Kaytee is generally not a great brand, so I won't buy from them. (hay dusty, foods contain icky stuff) I think the wood shavings should be fine. Sounds like they may be kiln dried or else aspen. Looks promising!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.