Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Do Piggies really use the corner potties?

CavyLove

Cavy Slave
I just saw a picture of a cage with fabric down instead of litter, but with a corner potty that had litter and poops in it. Do they really use that????? Ive raised them my whole life, and never thought of trying that, I've always just spread a ton of litter in their trays.

Fanch

Cavy Slave
Ive found that my pigs will do most of their business were their food and water is. Of course, they still do go outside the litter box too, but rarely.

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
Mine often go INSIDE their pellet bowl. Silly piggies. They have one corner of the cage where they go about 75% of the time, and the rest is just random all over the place.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
I have a carboard box that is filled with Carefresh and lined with plastic so it doesn't soak through. It is also where their water bottle and hay rack are located, so they tend to go pee a lot in it. As for poo, they go whenever and wherever they feel like for the most part.

But if you put a corner litter pan, or something where you want them to go potty near their food or water they should use it more often than not.

cusunfireguy

Cavy Slave
Yep, I have one of those corner litter boxes too. I fill it with Carefresh. They go to the bathroom about 75% of the time in the litter box and the rest of the time pretty much anywhere.

Steven

avcavies

Cavy Slave
I have seen them too and decided it was a good idea so I kept track of where they poop/pee most of the time and I am going to put one there. They poop down in the corner by the ramp to the upper level.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.