Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Small Grids and Plexiglass...

Rockin_Robyn

Cavy Slave
First off, I'm going to say that this site is brilliant. I have always gone to the GuineaPigs.Info sites first for information. :) I am finally upgrading my piggie's cage to a C&C, and I have some questions. (attatched is a picture of their current cage)

Frist of all, where can you find the 6x6 grids?

Second, is Plexiglass a good idea to use in cages? I was going to put it in between the coroplast and te grids to prevent spilliage. How expensive is it?

Thanks!

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
I got my mini grids at Target. I have heard of people using plexi glass. But I really have no idea how much it costs.

Rockin_Robyn

Cavy Slave
Sorry...can't get the picture to show.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
plexiglass would defeat the purpose of grids because there would not be as much ventilation. if the coroplast walls are six inches high, there shouldn't be spillage anyways.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
loves2travel said:
plexiglass would defeat the purpose of grids because there would not be as much ventilation. if the coroplast walls are six inches high, there shouldn't be spillage anyways.

She could drill small holes in the plexi glass if she really wanted to use it. But I would just stick with Cubes (14in) and coroplast. Like loves2travel said.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
yep, its much easier. unless youve got really naughty piggies, there should be too much of a spillage problem

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.