Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Store that carries grids (all over the world)

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
I just had one of these stores open up here in the San Francisco Bay Area and it's got an entire section of assorted grids in every size and style imaginable. This weekend we stumbled into the store and started drooling! Hubby was stoked because he LOVES to reconfigure cages and designs etc.

(broken link removed)

It's called "Daiso Japan" and it's located all over the world. Only 5 stores in the US but they said they are building them fast. I could see why since it's like a high-end dollar store with wonderful fun things in it that are cheap and useful, japanese style! It's really neat. So if you are looking for grids, you might see if there is a store near you. I noticed that there are stores in New Zealand, and Canada for example

Mr.Jiggles

Cavy Slave
Woot! Another 2 dollor store! lol Hmm looks like a walmart housewares section cut out and moved. Ill have to look for one in my many travels. Thanks this may help!

WOW! just noticed 2400 store in JUST the islands! Wow, its the Wal-mart of Japan.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave
BLURRY! But there are a couple pics hubby snapped of each side of the aisle. I almost dropped to my knees and started worshipping it!

Broken links removed

Last edited by a moderator:

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Wow - grid city!

Mr.Jiggles

Cavy Slave
Link doesnt work for me. But, I am going to wal-mart and homedepot to get some supplies tonight. GRIDS, LOTS OF GRIDS!!! I am going to most likely get 4 boxes and some other unnesaccary items (dad is paying). What else should I get there that will make my cage nice? Please let me know before 8pmEST or so.

longboardskier

Cavy Slave
You might want to get a brick or two, or maybe a small piece of granite to keep them cool when the weather starts to get hot.

pocoyo

Cavy Slave
Aaaw no stores in the UK?

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
N/M, I may have picked up some spyware.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
SttW, your links weren't working. If you want to try and post those pictures again, feel free.

Mr.Jiggles

Cavy Slave
Went to wal-mart today (couldn't go last night). And I looked for at least 45 mins. for grids, and found nothing! Same at K-mart.

longboardskier

Cavy Slave
Went to wal-mart today (couldn't go last night). And I looked for at least 45 mins. for grids, and found nothing! Same at K-mart.

That's strange...I know that Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Linens and Things all have them.

Slave to the Wheek

Cavy Slave

Here's those Daiso Japan pics I tried earlier.

Target always has them. Kmart/Walmart tend to only carry during specific college season and in my area they never have them even then.. LNT puts them away, but has them all year. You have to get manager to pull down for you when they aren't out.

Anyone looking should also be sure to click on "Home Page" button on top of this forum, and then click on "where to find" from the home page. There is a database where there are hundreds of posts from members over the years that tell where they found their grids/coroplast. It's sorted by cage. If you have found grids, you should also be sure to add it to the database as well. It's sorted by state, city and country.

Last edited:

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
That's so cool! I hope they put one close to me in PA! That's neat how you can buy the grids individually. So it's a dollar store then? Each of the grids would be a dollar??

Mr.Jiggles

Cavy Slave
Me too luver, we never get the good stores here in PA.

Jenah

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the info, Slave!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.