Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello and Thank you!

Big G

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I stumbled across this site last night after we got our second guinea pig and needed a bigger cage. When in the pet store the prices of cages shocked me, and even with the high prices they weren’t very big (I wanted my two pigs to have plenty of room)

When I saw the cages on the front page, and directions I was ecstatic to get started on building one. This morning I found the “boxes” at target, but am haven’t been able to get the plastic cardboard. But, that shouldn’t be a problem because I have a soon to be brother-in-law who works at a printing shop and has access to it.

My finance and I now have 2 guinea pigs, Buttercup (yellowish) and the new arrival Isabel (Izzy for short – She’s white with gray patches)

Just wanted to say HI and thank you for having this site to give people like me ideas for big cages which won’t break the bank!
:D
Big G

cavyowner2007

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums. Glad to hear your building a C&C cage. Good luck :]
Look at some of the creative ideas in the picture area. There are some very creative people here.

Big G

Cavy Slave
I got the cage put together last night it's a 2x4 with a 1x2 upper level. I just got the coroplast this morning before work ... I can't wait to get home and finish my girls can enjoy their new home! :D

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
Welcome. That is great news about the cage, they will love it.

heatherbunnie

Cavy Slave
When I first got my cavies, I fell into the trap of buying a store cage. Then I found C&C cages on eBay, and for less cost I about quadrupled the space my girls have. I just use the store bought one now for transportation of them.

Big G

Cavy Slave
When I first got my cavies, I fell into the trap of buying a store cage. Then I found C&C cages on eBay, and for less cost I about quadrupled the space my girls have. I just use the store bought one now for transportation of them.

The same thing happened to me, when we got our first guinea pig we got the store "package" cage (came with cage, bottle, dish, food) ... I am really anxious to get the new large cage done so they can have some room. All I need is a piece of wood/pvc pipe for the ramp, but the important part is to get the cage finished, so they can enjoy it

Jenah

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum - we can't wait to see pigtures of your girls and their new home! ;)

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
Welcome Big G, Nice job on your cage. I too found this web site when looking for a bigger cage. Now I use the store cage for piggy parking when I am cleaning their cages or whenI want to isolate. I had two store cages but donated one to my local rescue. They use cavy cages too but often have to isolate.

HerDuchess

Cavy Slave
Oh! Very nice cage. Im sure she's loving it all. Welcome also!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.