Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I miss you, Guinness.

phendrana

Cavy Slave
Guinness was my first guinea pig. Having taken care of the guinea pigs at my place of work, I decided to get one of my own. I got him in mid-October 2006. He was a pet store guinea pig, and at the time, I did not know about the potential health problems a pet store guinea pig may have. Now I know and will never get another from a store ever again! :mad:

Well, his underlying illness took him away from me last night--New Year's Eve 2006. As of today, I'm just so sad. I got him hoping that I could make a happy home for him with me. As far as I knew, he was happy. He would climb up the side of his cage to greet me and he would "talk" with me... He even did as much the last few hours of his life, so I never suspected that anything was wrong with him.

He never acted as if he were ill. I never knew anything was wrong! I took him to the vet for check ups, I gave him fresh food, veggies, and water everyday. He had floor time and lap time... I thought I did everything right! But I failed him, apparently. He's gone away from me and God, I miss him so much! But I know that he's happy and healthy where he is now.

I miss you, Guinness. I love you.
:weepy:

kittieb

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss :(. I haven't had to go through losing a piggy yet, but I'm sure its really hard on a loving owner. *hugs*

grEEEn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

wigglypiggly

Cavy Slave
Im sorry to hear about your piggy. I hope you feel better soon he will be missed.

spice_the_aby

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
i lost my first piggie a few months ago and i share your pain and hope you get another pig . R.I.P guiness x

cavyowner2007

Cavy Slave
Oh I am so sorry on your lost. R.I.P Guinness.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.