Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Twister is Gone.

TrekkiesUnite

Cavy Slave
About a week ago Twister Passed away. I didn't post it sooner because everytime I tried to I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

The only thing I can think of for the cause was old age and being on Cedar all those years. She was in good health when she died showing no signs of illness, the only strange thing was the night before she died she didn't want to be held, she just wanted to be in her cage, when I took her out to hold her that night she just squirmed and tried to get back into her cage and into her pigloo. Looking back on it it seemed as if she knew and wanted to die where she was most comfortable. The next morning Hurricane was just standing in the middle of the cage staring at the pigloo where Twister lay dead.

I got her in February of 2001 when she was about 8 weeks old so that would put her birthday in December which means she was almost 6. While I still have Hurricane I don't think anything will ever be able to replace Twister. She had a very unique personality compared to my previous pigs. It makes me happy though that I was able to make her last few monthes very enjoyable with her new cage.

Trega

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It is very sad to hear. I'm sure Twister knows that yo uloved him very much and he was very lucky to have a piggie owner like you that did everything you could to make his life enjoyable. Give hugs to Hurricane for me.

Ruftybear

Cavy Slave
This is the only part of the forum I really dislike. It makes me so sad when people lose their pets, and I get a little teary everytime I read the posts here.

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost 3 dogs is a 2 year period, and I still miss them. It must be awful for you, and especially Hurricane.

Huge hugs from me......

CapuPebbles

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss.

jennh

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss. I also lost a pig resently(3weeks ago) Cooper was verra verra old and although I miss him I can still reflect on the good times. Give hurricane extra love and remember some good times while you are grieving.

sarahnmadison

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear about you loss TrekkiesUnite.

I lost my piggy 2 days ago and it still has my daughter and I so upset. My Charlie definately had a unique personality like yours compared to other pets I have had. I don't think I will ever have another guinea pig that compares at all to his unique, outgoing personality.

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I, too, had to wait a while before I could post about Louise, and it still made me cry. They are such wonderful creatures. Rest in Peace, little Twister. You were so loved.

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
Poor Hurricane. My heart goes out to you both.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.