Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I want to Contruct an Acrylic Cage and I have a Question

hotblack

Cavy Slave
OK so the Idea is to make an enclosure thats 4' x 4' square for 2 pigs, I am considering making it from Coro and Acrylic, is this not a good Idea? I am curious as to wether or not having an open top will provide enough ventalation or if I should drill a buttload of hole in the acrylic.
Thanks Guys

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
All I know is that it will be one expensive cage if you don't have the acrylic already or an inside source. ;)

But yes, I would drill away. I don't think an open top would allow for much of an air current to bring in fresh air and wisk away not so fresh air.

hotblack

Cavy Slave
I Have an Inside SOurce ;)

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
That'll do it. I just remember how much my husband's acrylic computer case cost us. It was way over priced!

I'd still drill lots of ventalation holes. Make sure to sand the holes smooth too. You don't want the piggies eating those little plastic shavings that tend to stick to where it's cut.

Adrinal

Cavy Slave
Re: I want to Construct an Acrylic Cage and I have a Question

I use MAAP (gas you can get at the hardware store but use the right torch handle) to soften all the edges on custom acrylic aquariums. You just have to go very fast. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.