Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Social/sleeping HELP!!!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I changes my guinea pigs sleeping area recently I put carpet down and padding under and its soft carpet its not berber or whatever and he doesnt seem to be sleeping in it. It is different them the one in my picture. Does he just need time to get used to it or what. Also he is a one pig home I want to get another but my parents won't let me. Its mostly my dad he's kinda mad I think cause I extended his cage (he was in a 1x2 petstore cage but luckily he is still a baby so it didn't seem super small) put carpet in his cage fleece and I always buy stuff for My guinea. Anyone got any ideas for convincing them to let me get another I told my mom that they're social and he needs a buddy and stuff but she said nah like they didn't need a buddy. My mom is a stay at home mom and i go to Ischool from 8:10-3:10 but I usually leave at 7:30-8:00 and get home at 3:30-4:30 but my mom cant hold him cause she is allergic. How can I get them to bew convinced. My guinea usually sleeps most of the day. So he needs a buddy bad but help je figure out a way to convince them!?!?!

My Baby Mu said:
I changes my guinea pigs sleeping area recently I put carpet down and padding under and its soft carpet its not berber or whatever and he doesnt seem to be sleeping in it. It is different them the one in my picture. Does he just need time to get used to it or what. Also he is a one pig home I want to get another but my parents won't let me. Its mostly my dad he's kinda mad I think cause I extended his cage (he was in a 1x2 petstore cage but luckily he is still a baby so it didn't seem super small) put carpet in his cage fleece and I always buy stuff for My guinea. Anyone got any ideas for convincing them to let me get another I told my mom that they're social and he needs a buddy and stuff but she said nah like they didn't need a buddy. My mom is a stay at home mom and i go to Ischool from 8:10-3:10 but I usually leave at 7:30-8:00 and get home at 3:30-4:30 but my mom cant hold him cause she is allergic. How can I get them to bew convinced. My guinea usually sleeps most of the day. So he needs a buddy bad but help je figure out a way to convince them!?!?!

Well which parent is the push over? Try and convince the push over parent (hehehe). Then either get the push over parent to take you to get a new piggy... Or have the push over parent convince the parent that won't agree to it.
Or you can be sneaky ask them to take you to the animal shelter/ humaine society (make up some reason why) and look at piggies... Then find a piggy and try and convince them to let you adopt it.. Tell them you are giving a piggy in need a good home.
Or you can just sit down and tell them your reason for getting a new piggy (the nice honest way).. explain that your piggy will be much happier... Right a pros and cons list about getting a new piggy..

Well the first 2 options are just some ideas I had.. But maybe it would be better to just sit and talk to them.. Well anyways good luck...

Cinn&sprinslave

Ask them to read this page https://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm - if you don't think they'll sit and read it all, write your own summary and ask them to please read that. They should be proud that you want to do what's best for your pet, but it'll be much easier for you if they can see that him needing a friend is fact, and not you just wanting another guinea pig.

Good luck!

I really can't add any more, but just wanted to wish you luck in doing right for your piggie.

Best of luck Baby Mu, we parents can be real hard to convince sometimes!

Good luck!!! Also, if they won't read the webpage, just ask and I'll write a letter to them explaining how much happier my piggies are being together. They actually don't need quite as much attention, either, as they amuse themselves quite well. Not saying they wouldn't benefit from it, but it's not quite as necessary. Just a thought! =)

I'll try the webpage with them my dad is the hard one to convince if i can convince my dad then im pretty much good. I'm tryin to go to the shelter but I get home later sometime and I think they close at 5 central time (US). My mom will say its to late but it is cause it would be closed already when we get there and she also says that I should be able to walk but that will probably be in a long time. I only know of one shelter in lufkin/nacedoges area. I might be able to go tommorow. I'll try the wabpage thanks for all the help :D

My mom read the webpage. :D I'm not sure about my dad if he read it or not. I looked in the newspaper and there was one person selling guinea pigs for $5 (US money) there all white and they are going to be weened this weekend so I don't know if they are going to be a boy or girl. I'm not sure if I will be able to get one untill we move into our new house thats in 6 days as of 8/21/04 so it won't be a super long time. hehe. I think I'll be able to go to the humane society today. Thanks for all the help again. :D :D :D

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
I won't be able to get another until we move into our new house and unpack. So I won't be able to get one asap :(

That's probably for the better, though. You don't want to put unneccesary stress on the piggy, especially as it has a new environment, a new friend, and a new person. =)

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.