Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello I am a new mommy!

ACBurr

Cavy Slave
Hello nice to meet everyone. I just recently adopted two female guniea pigs from a lady who was gonna get rid of them. They are about 10 months old. Thier birthday is December 7th. Thier names are Fraya & Lexi. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on takeing the girls outside. I want to take them to the park, so they can play in the grass, is this a bad idea?

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks for allowing me to join the group!:eek:

Trega

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! The only thing about parks are you need to make sure they don't treat the grass that can be poisonous to your piggers.

ACBurr

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your welcome. I live in Okinawa Japan, and I dont think they spray anything here. Is it safe for them to eat grass? I have been trying new foods with them. But I never thought of grass

Trega

Cavy Slave
Yes, piggies love grass. Your lucky that you can find a place where the grass is not treated. It is hard to find it here in Atlanta. Wow, Japan that is so cool. I want to go to Japan so badly.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Make sure you set up a pen for them to play in and not just let them run loose. Guinea pigs can run amazingly fast and if they get away from you you may not be able to catch them.

Also be very careful of dogs and other animals in the park.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.