Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Male Pair

Piggles

Cavy Slave
I have two males together in a cage. I got this one male so my guinea pig would have someone to keep him company doing the day when I work. They don't even really go by each other. They are usually in different spots of the cage. Could they possibly not like each other? Should I keep them together or seperate them? They get along perfectly fine but they just don't do anything together. I kind of thought they would lay by eachother...am I just worried that they don't like eachother or is this normal for piggies?

Treen

Cavy Slave
If they really didn't get along, you'd know about it as they'd fight. Some pairs of pigs seem more pally than others - some like to cuddle up and follow each other everywhere, whereas some seem to ignore each other for the most part and like to lie and sleep alone. Whichever way they lean, they're still providing invaluable companionship for each other, so it's great they have each other and you should definitely keep them together. If they're still quite a new pair, they may bond more as they spend more time living together.

If they're not being very active and interacting much, try giving them different things to do and see if that stimulates them.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm
https://guineapigcages.com/accessories.htm

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I agree. That sums it up for me! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.