Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Best grids to use?

Cavy Carnage

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering if there was a particular grid that is better than another to use? Say grids from walmart are better than those at target? I am hoping to buy all the materials this week and just wanted to make sure I can make the best cage possible.

Emmett

Cavy Slave
I like the ones from Target and Shopko. The grids from Shopko come in purple, green, pink and I think blue plus white, black and chrome.

TipiDancer

Cavy Slave
Make sure the grids you get don't have a plastic coating. Because I know lots of pigs like to chew the bars, and the plastic coating will peel off.

rshevin

Cavy Slave
I like the grids from Target because a) I live near Target b) Walmart is so crowded it makes me insane c) BB&B and LNT are way out of my way d) The prices listed online were all comparable within a few cents.

Guess that isn't a scientific reasoning is it?

Tulip

Cavy Slave
I purchased a set at Fred Meyer this week: they were just aweful to put together! I looked at Target, there were more in the box, and they were cheaper! So I got a couple boxes. I got them home and the connectors looked almost identical to the ones from Fred Meyer ~ but they just snapped on ~ SOOO easy! I took the Fred Meyer ones back!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.