Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! Here's our little Brownie

BrownieWheeker

Cavy Slave
We took Brownie in last year and have really enjoyed his company. He was a classroom pet at school and a teacher decided he made her room stink. Obviously, with a cage done right, there's not much odor. tahehe

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure how old our piggie is but my best guess is 2 years. His first cage was ok but not big enough so I Googled "guinea pigs" and found C&C cages! We've had a happy pig ever since. haha
I'm attaching a picture of him so you all can see him!

*edit* I should also point out that these 2 pictures are months old and his cage had just been built so it looks a little different now! Since then I've found my way to kleenmama's site and bought 18 lbs. of hay. He sure does love that!

Leene

Cavy Slave
Ooh, he's cute!

Cavies are happiest when they have at least one other cavy around, so you might really want to look into getting him a little friend. Another male would probably be fine, as cavies usually aren't that aggressive, and I'm sure that you don't want to end up taking care of seven little piggies. It's so great that the two of you have found each other, though, and welcome! It looks like you are already taking really, really good care of Brownie,too. Too many pigs get put in tiny little cages, and it's great that you are keeping the little sweetheart in hay. (What kind of hay are you feeding him, BTW? And what other stuff are you giving to him?)

BrownieWheeker

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome!
He's about to get a male friend probably Monday actually! We were supposed to get him 3 days ago but there's been a short delay. I believe what I bought Brownie from kleenmama's was orchard & timothy hay but I'd have to look at my shipping receipt to be 100% positive. haha When foraging outside is feasible we fill up empty paper towel rolls with *safe* findings (he absolutely loves fresh picked grass!). His favorite veggie is carrots and anytime I start to go in the kitchen, especially the refrigerator, he starts wheeking up a storm! We're trying new veggies slowly and to my surprise he did not like cilantro or parsley. He likes the dark green leafy lettuce leaves and an occasional apple slice. I really want to try tomato next after seeing pics of piggies on here eating those. That was adorable! Other than that he's fed plain Oxbow pellets.

littlebear

Cavy Slave
Aww he is adorable. One of my cavies are named Brownie too!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the site and thanks for taking Brownie in and taking such great care of him! He sure is a cutie.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
He is too cute. Congrats!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.