Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello and thank you from Canada!

sidech

Cavy Slave
Hello all,

this is my first post here. I've been reading a lot but decided today I was going to register and maybe post from time to time. We got two Piggies last week. Before getting them, I searched the internet to get infos about housing, feeding and such and found this website. I was very interested about C&C cages and after contemplating a while, I decided I was going to try and build one. I was lucky enough to get all the materials in one day and managed to build a nice condo in just a few hours! I made it 2x4 and even built a second floor. With the extra coroplast, I also made a litterbox. I must say I am rather proud of myself for building it and the little piggies seem to really enjoy it. They have learned to go up to the second floor and back down. It is actually really big (they are not full grown yet) and they have all the space they need. Before I read on this forum, I was going to get a male and female and let them mate but I decided not to since so many Guinea pigs end up in shelters. Thank you for having such a fine quality website and forum, I'm sure tons of other people are learning from it, just like I am.

nonamian_girl

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Where in Canada are you?

I'm glad to hear you decided against breeding. Are you pigs of the same sex?

Shaffy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the fourms! Im New too! Im happy that you are against breeding, lots of people are.
Again, Wleome to Cavy Cages.

~Shaffy

Lyndsay

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome fellow Canadian, where abouts are you located?

Way to go reading before you adopted, it makes us so happy to hear that some pigs got a home because someone did the research before adopting. I hope that this site can help you with any other questions you might have, and please enjoy your stay.

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome, well done for making the decision not to breed - did you get a couple of girls or boys? What are their names? And more importantly, where are their photos? We like pigtures on this forum.

sidech

Cavy Slave
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. I'm from around the Montreal area, in Quebec. My pigs are two females, I would guess about 3-4 months old. We don't have any pictures yet but they will come. I'll post some as soon as I can. Their names are Sacha and Flammèche (which means small flame in french). Sacha is orange and white and Flammèche is brown with light brown-orange tips.

This place is a good place to learn and I'm glad I found it!

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
Funny, I have never heard of the word flamméche before!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.