Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Little Zeke

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
I lost my little 12 year old finch last night. It appeared he died in his sleep in his nest. He could no longer fly and was on borrowed time for about the last year and a half. He was a sweet little bird, and we will miss him.
Rest in Peace, Little Zekers.

Last edited:

piggly wiggly

Cavy Slave
aww, I am sorry for your loss. It's nie that he went so peacefully though.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have lived so long, and I'm sure you made his life as happy as possible.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Fly free little Zeke. It sounds like you gave him a wonderful life, and he finally decided that his time had come. He lived happily and had a painless death asleep in his nest. You have my condolences Coopdog.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. It sounds like he had the best life he could have wished for.

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your kind words. I adopted him several years ago when he wound up at the shelter (I believe because his owner went into a nursing home). He spent the last months of his life basking under a heat lamp all day, and just being his sweet old self. I knew his time was coming, but it was still sad to come downstairs and find him gone. He's burried now under the forsythia bush by his window, along with several of his former cage mates.

Coopdog

Cavy Slave
I finally figured out how to post pictures, so I wanted to include this one of Zeke. I took it the week before he died. He really was a sweet old guy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.