Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Yummy grass at floortime!

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
Thought I'd share some pictures I took of my girls enjoying floor time and their bowl of grass. Here is Poppy, who was content to nibble daintily from the side.
(broken link removed)
And here is Lily who decided to climb right in! Smart girl.Pardon the red eye, can't seem to remove that from the photo. The hand belongs to my four year old who was trying to pet her while she was having her snack.
(broken link removed)
Between the three of them the girls managed to eat it all in one evening. Greedy pigs!lol
This one is of the girls eating their salad. But wanted to show the blanket they are on. It is a picnic blanket that I got from Target a couple of years ago. One side is fleece and the other is a slick synthetic kind of like a picnic table cloth. Works great for floor time. Wish I had bought a few more of them. Maybe next summer!
(broken link removed)

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
How cute! I love that first picture of Poppy. Is she pregnant? It may just be the angle, but it looks a little like she is.

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
No she's just a very big girl. So is Lolly, she even has a double chin! We've only had Poppy and Lolly a little over a month. The people who had Poppy and Lolly before kept them in a small cage, and they never really had floor time. They also fed her only junk pellets and carrots. Happy to say that this is not the case anymore!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
That's good to hear. At least she can run around as much as she wants now!

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
Yes she can! She even manages a popcorn hop now and then.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Ooh, special piggies and cute ones too. I'm glad you got them and have given the a better life.

3littlepigs

Cavy Slave
Thanks MBM! I am so disappointed, but I think I have to throw my pot of grass away. I put it out in the sunroom to help grow, and now there are these small bugs (like fruit flies) flying around it. I had this problem once before. Anybody know a way to prevent this? Am I overwatering? The grass seems ok otherwise. Or is it the soil had eggs in it? I've tried two different bags, both from an excellent store.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Lovely piggies! What a shame about the flies. It could be the compost - we had a plant at work which was crawling in bugs - that had come from the compost, or it could just be that time of year when there are more flies about, maybe they were in the sunroom - but just particularly like your grass? If they're not coming from the compost, you could try covering it next time - like a propogator or using clear plastic bag. Sorry - not really much help...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.