Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello from new member

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm 22 and from England. Don't have any wiggies yet but will be getting some soon - from rescue before anyone asks! Have already bought cubes and started designing a cage. I love the site - so helpful and informative. Nice to be able to find some decent information, rather than the standard "buy from a pet shop, keep in a hutch" nonsense.

Hi Crazywiggy

I love the site - so helpful and informative. Nice to be able to find some decent information, rather than the standard "buy from a pet shop, keep in a hutch" nonsense.

Yep this is one of the reasons I like this site too. People on this forum are extremely passionate about their piggies and I am not surprised really as they are lovely animals to keep and the more you interact with them the more they respond! Just you wait till feeding time, then you will know what it is all about... wheek wheek wheek!!!

I see that you are from England, just curious where did you manage to buy your cubes from?

Welcome to the forum CW! Sounds like you're off to a great start with your research and plans. When you get that cage finished and/or some sweet pigs in it, we'd LOVE to see some pictures!

Welcome to the forum. Which rescue are you close to? Keep us up with the progress of getting the pigs.

Welcome from another UK-er! If you need rescue or supply advice feel free to get in touch.

Found cubes in Argos - in the sale just before they removed them (they're not in the new catalogue - good thing I bought loads!)

I'm really close to an RSPCA centre, and there are a couple of small local rescues that have guinea pigs as well. Wish I could get them sooner but we're about to have the kitchen refitted and I don't want to scare new wiggies with all the noise and chaos.

I'm hoping the space the cage will go into will be big enough for a 3 by 4 cage (planning on getting 2 wiggies), or 2 by 4 at the smallest. Will post pictures when it's all built and decorated!

Welcome, from another UK-er! I'm so glad you already understand the rescue and large cage stuff. There are still a lot of people in UK who live in the dark ages when it comes to piggies. You are off to a brilliant start and you haven't even got your wiggies yet!
I adopted two of my piggies from Green Fields Rescue in Bracknell (before I moved over to NI) and I'm so glad. The people who work at the rescue are lovely, and the "buzz" you get when you adopt those pigs, knowing you have saved lives and helped out future rescue pigs by freeing up space, it just makes you glow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.