Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Multi-level Help!

guineagal92

Cavy Slave
Ok I have an alternative C&C using a thick foamboard with wire shelving. The shelving seems kindof wobbly. I'd like to add another level. (maybe even another cage) on the top of the first level. I'm not sure how to do this, what I should use. The foamboard won't work (I don't think) because of sag, and I don't have access to coroplast. If I used plywood (covered of course)m I'm afraid it would be too heavy? Linoleum would sag too much in the middle too much also right? ERG! What can I use? Any suggestions?

You'll have to go with plywood or something similar to support the bottom of the top level. You are right that lineoleum, etc would sag (even coroplast, unless the cage is small)

For my multilevel C&C I use grids to make a floor for the next level. With the connectors it's a snap.

Could you prehaps use just a couple of boards (like in a bed frame) instead of a whole sheet of plywood? Or you could use screws and fasteners to secure the bottom wire to the boards and that may make the whole thing more secure. Just brainstorming...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.