Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing Charlie and myself..

CinderellaAnn

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!
I am new to the cavy world. We just received Charlie from someone who we were cavy sitting for and then they decided they couldnt care for him anymore....so now he is mine! Actually that person had received him from someone else a couple of months ago, (that person kept him in a bathtub), and the people that kept him in a bathtub, received him from someone else. So....I have no history on poor Charlie...I plan on taking him to the vet real soon. He is my very first pet...of any kind. I am nervous about taking care of him..but I am determined that he is going to have a good home! I have been looking everywhere online to see how to care for him...(if he is a him!). I have so many questions! For right now..I will be reading through the posts to educate myself somewhat.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
You have come to the right place indeed! This is a great place to get the best information on cavy care! If you come across any questions (and I do mean ANY, no matter how silly they sound) feel free to ask.

This thread is the perfect place to start: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17032 It has all the information for basic piggie care.

Welcome to the cavy world! I'm sure you'll make a great mommy.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. Ask questions and do forum searches and soon you will be a piggy expert.

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Poor Charlie. I am so glad you are his last home. Give him lots of cuddles and ask us questions about what you may not understand.
welcome

CinderellaAnn

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am doing so much reading on this forum trying to educate myself...

Cindy :)

HowietheGreat

Cavy Slave
A bath tub? How horrible. I will never understand the recklessness and cruelty of some people. You should be able to find everything that you need here. Welcome! Will you be getting a buddy for him?

JennG

Cavy Slave
Poor baby! I hope everything works out that you can keep him/her and this is a great place to learn about piggies. Once you've made sure he's a he, you may want to consider adopting him a friend. We highly recommend having two piggies to keep each other company. They are herd animals and do alot better with their own. Did you or will you be building a cage for him? It's cheap, easy and pretty fun. I've been on here for a year and will be revising my cage for the 6th time. Congrats on your new piggie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.