Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

BEDDING SALE! Stock up!

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
My favorite bedding is Cellsorb- it's made from recycled paper and is super absorbant. I spot clean by just taking a scoop and scooping the wet spots out - almost as easy as cat litter. If you can handle keeping 40 pounds of it around (doesn't take up much space - this is heavy stuff, way more packed than Carefresh) you can get it now at 50% off at (broken link removed) - $20 for 40 pounds. Hey - you're gonna need it eventually! They also sell my favorite hay, Oxbow, for the cheapest I've ever seen.

glowingrose

Cavy Slave
How long would 40 lbs of this last with a 2x4 cage?

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
I've had this bag for months already, and it's only half-empty. I don't remember exactly how long ago I bought it. Depends on how much pottying your pigs do! Also I've been using newspaper for semi-permanent floor time so I don't really know how long it would last. It seems like it'll be on sale indefinitely - I bought this bag months ago for the same price.

Anyone else out there use cellsorb and have a guess as to how long it'll last you?

acangel228

Cavy Slave
How do you sign up for the e-mail specials? How much bedding is there in the 40 pound bag in relation to the 50L bag of Carefesh?

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
acangel228 said:
How do you sign up for the e-mail specials? How much bedding is there in the 40 pound bag in relation to the 50L bag of Carefesh?

Hmmm. I can't remember how I signed up! Here is the customer service number - I'm sure they can tell you: 1-800-865-1333

The 40 pound bag is about as big as a "tall kitchen" trash bag. I'm not sure how that compares. It will last longer than Carefresh because it's packed tightly and is more absorbant. I just put it in my new 2x4 cage, and I used half the bag to fill it.

Mulengro

Cavy Slave
thanks for the tip! i'll definitely be ordering some!

-mulengro

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
oopsy - still good

Oops it's not 50% off; it just seemed that way because I paid 50% less per pound than I did with the smaller bag I used to buy - paid $1/pound in smaller bag, 50 cents/pound with 40lb. bag. It's a $6 savings on the bag itself. I guess that's a good sign that it'll be on sale for a while!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.